Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

That's happened to me from time to time and I'm on a fixed line connection.
    What I normally do in the event of it hanging like you describe is:
    1. Refresh the page by hitting the refresh button of your browser or the 'F5' key - This will reset the page and it'll look like nothing has uploaded, in actuality it has.
    2. Next, choose to view the album you were uploading the pics to, you'll notice that almost all the pics would've been uploaded (At least they should've).
    3. Then, look through each pic and identify which ones aren't there that should be.
    4. Re-upload the identified pics that weren't successful initially to the album.

That's what I tend to do, it's frustrating at times but it only seldomly happens to me - let us know if you need further assistance.

it finally finished so anyway what the f is a url? but if you want to view the pics,it's in iamirondude. i made it public so if there's any problems with it can you guy's let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    it finally finished so anyway what the f is a url? but if you want to view the pics,it's in iamirondude. i made it public so if there's any problems with it can you guy's let me know please.
    Here is the guide a gave a couple of other members with regards to posting pics - I hope it helps dude:

The link code you're looking for, when posting pics here on the forum, is highlighted below:

When you click on the text in the highlighted 'text-box', it copies it to your 'clipboard' so all you have to do is go to where you want to post a pic and 'paste' it in or hit 'ctrl+v' and it'll paste the IMG code into your Reply/PM.

When you next quote someone in a reply, or when you reply to this PM , and they've got a pic linked in their post; have a look at the code for the pic in their quoted post - that's what yours should look like if you've done it right.

Have a go and if you're still stuck dude, I'll be happy to help further but don't worry; it took me a good couple of months to figure out how to use a forum-site when I 1st joined here as I'd never signed up to nor used a forum prior - let alone posting pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Here is the guide a gave a couple of other members with regards to posting pics - I hope it helps dude:
    Hursti I think you should open your own thread titled "IT Guru Q&A" or "Ask Hursti A Question" or something like that, just aim to solve any technical problems members may have. I would be a regular visitor!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Hursti I think you should open your own thread titled "IT Guru Q&A" or "Ask Hursti A Question" or something like that, just aim to solve any technical problems members may have. I would be a regular visitor!
    Cheers mate!
    Though I have a feeling that a lot of things would end up getting escalated to our Superior Technical Staff member Jaydisc.
    There are a number of guys on the boards here, Zippo and Iceburn are a couple of examples aside from Jaydisc, who are far better experienced than I - I just try to help when and where I can.

If having trouble inserting the image into a post using the image URL (the link), just paste the link of the photo's page itself (at the top of your browser) into the message and people can click on it to go to your photo.

I have been using photobucket after advice from members here. Apart from the site being fairly easy to use, uploading pictures to it from my phone is ridiculously easy once set up. You can either put links here to show picks there or include the links in your post so the pics turn up here.

the only drawback I am aware of is if I want to share pics with my parents, my mums laptop ust freezes up when the Photobucket page is opened up. No idea why.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    the only drawback I am aware of is if I want to share pics with my parents, my mums laptop ust freezes up when the Photobucket page is opened up. No idea why.
    I've had this occur on my Father's old HP Laptop, I think it may be a combination of Windows Vista + Internet Explorer + Flash and a dodgy wireless internet dongle.
    Generally I find though it's mainly a combination of Flash and Internet Explorer that causes frequent grief.

Default Attachments are now restricted to Active Members (rank 5) and higher

To slow down the ever-ballooning storage space on my server, I've had to restrict "image attachments" to Active Members and higher.... which will end up making it a perk to earn here (by being a committed fan here).
    I can't afford to have new people joining up and immediately attaching images that cost me money, when it is supposed to be a feature that is used rarely (as a last resort for important queries, news or sightings), so they should be hosting the images of all other things (like collections) on free-hosting sites and posting them from there.

I'll see how this goes and adjust it if necessary.

sounds fair to me let us know if you ever need some donations or any help with running costs dude
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast