Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: need help looking for beast wars characters

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Kuzzy, which Tarantulus were you after?

WAve 1, Transmetal, Fox Kids Transmetal, 10th anniversary? I might be able to get a transmetal one, minus the pizza cutter.
    transmetal, hmm this transmetal you speak of sounds quite interesting, let us talk more about this transmetal

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    "turdlords" is more like it
    Turdlords?!

If you hear the Tonka spin, They're "Powerful Living Rocks!" or you can do it Machine Robo Style

kuzzy: Transmetals appeared in Beast Wars in the 1998 line and appeared in the show in Season 2. Transmetals are Transformers which have robotic looking beast modes and bestial looking robot modes (except for Optimal Optimus and Ravage who are wholly mechanical in all modes). They also have intermediate vehicle modes (an intermediate mode is a kind of "half mode" - it's not a full proper alt mode, they're basically modifications of their beast mdoes). In Hasbro markets Transmetals were very popular but in Japan (where the Transmetal/Fuzor line was known as "Beast Wars Metals" it didn't enjoy the same success as the Japanese fandom criticised the Metals line as being unconvincing robots in disguise. The Japanese BW line reverted back to more realistic looking beast modes in the 1999 line (aka "Beast Wars Neo").

Transmetals TV commercial
    Optimus Primal/Optimal Optimus in action

As far as the fiction is concerned, Transmetals were created when some Beast Wars Transformers were 'mutated' by the quantum surge that was resultant from the destruction of the Vok's lunar planet-buster (except for Optimal Optimus & Ravage). Transmetals and Fuzors are also invisible to detection from Vok technology (probably because they were irradiated by Vok energies rendering them "friendly" to their machines).

Getting back to the toys, there have been some different variations of Transmetals. There are numerous Fox! Kids and Wal-Mart exclusive variants, which are really just repaints. Most of them aren't terribly interesting unless you're a collector of variants. The only one of those variants I'd recommend would be Wal-Mart Transmetal Rattrap, which is meant to be Transmetal Packrat, but Hasbro doesn't have the rights to the name Packrat so they called it Rattrap instead. But official canon has retconned that figure as Transmetal Packrat.
    Transmetal Packrat from "The Wreckers"

The Japanese Metals versions also feature more show-like colours and most noticeably in Megatron, better quality plastic. Transmetal Megatron notoriously suffers from poor quality plastic which makes the toy easily susceptible to breakage. The Japanese version has much better quality plastic and also nicer colours too.

Ravage is only available through the Japanese Metals line (where he's known by his Japanese name "Jaguar").

I personally really like Transmetals and highly recommend them to collectors. If you're interested in completing all toys who appear in the Canadian TV show then here's the list:

Maximals
    + Airazor
    + Blackarachnia (Transmetal 2)
    + Cheetor
    + Cheetor (Transmetal)
    + Cheetor (Transmetal 2)
    + Depth Charge
    + Dinobot (you have the reissue :))
    + Optimus Primal (Ultra gorilla)
    + Optimus Primal (Transmetal)
    + Optimus Primal (Optimal Optimus)
    + Rattrap
    + Rattrap (Transmetal)
    + Rhinox
    + Silverbolt (Fuzor)
    + Tigatron
    + Tigerhawk

Predacons
    + Cicadacon*
    + Dinobot (Transmetal 2)
    + Inferno
    + Megatron (Ultra T-Rex)
    + Megatron (Transmetal)
    + Megatron (Transmetal 2)
    + Ram Horn*
    + Rampage
    + Ravage**
    + Scorponok
    + Sea Clamp*
    + Tarantulas
    + Tarantulas (Transmetal 2)
    + Terrorsaur
    + Waspinator

Unaligned
    + Transmutate (build-a-figure, parts were sold with Hasbro's BW reissues)

wow! that was alot of information, but i grew up with the series so i knew most of it, in fact i do know about optimalization which megatron and optimus did, optimus did it for time and space itsself after megs blew apart optimus head, and megs did it for the greater of himself, he unfortunately didnt give back the spark until the destruction of the nemisis and in a deleted scene optimus pulls oout the spark and puts it back into g1 megatron. optimus give back the autbot matrix or leadership or optimus primes spark after the axalon was lost and rhinox fixed primes head. actually come to think of it the transmetals were triplechangers.

oh and i prefered the transmetal for many reasons

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzy
    transmetal, hmm this transmetal you speak of sounds quite interesting, let us talk more about this transmetal
    Sorry, I misunderstood this as meaning that you wanted to know more about Transmetals. Oops. Grew up with Beast Wars?! Dang that makes me feel old (I was in uni when I was collecting BW)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    (I was in uni when I was collecting BW)
    and i was in primary school

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    and i was in primary school
    ME TOO! lol my cousins and i used to play bw outside grandmas house lol looking back on it now it sounds a bit strange lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood this as meaning that you wanted to know more about Transmetals. Oops. Grew up with Beast Wars?! Dang that makes me feel old (I was in uni when I was collecting BW)
    I was in year 10!

Turbo-revvin' young punks! I'll straighten you out yet!

lol my transformers count back then was 4 compared to now where it is 20 (ive only just begun my collection) so yeah ive managed to improve my collection by 500% i think