Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Res pictures of Bluestreak, Ironhide and Sideswipe

Default Hi Res pictures of Bluestreak, Ironhide and Sideswipe

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/uni...ideswipe-1597/

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/uni...erstreak-1793/

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/uni...ironhide-1794/

Under the "images" tab

It's amazing that even Hasbro can't get even transform their pictures nice. At first, I thought Ironhid was one deformed toy when i saw the 3rd image. I was disappointed for several moments until I realise it was mistransformed...
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

is it me or do these head sculpts look really ugly.

I wish they were designed by the aussie dude that did mirage and bumblebee classics... They must have used different designers

Classics Bumblebee and Mirage just look really ace to me, even though most of you have forgotten them, I still think they're probaby better than most of second wave in terms of accuracy to concept.

Sideswipe and sunstreaker don't look too much like their concept counterparts, such as the head and the proportions.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Ironhide's vehicle mode seems to be a real mess... (Atleast with the other 2 - they still look like real cars )

Bluestreak's paintjob looks very clean...

Hasbro's transformation of Sideswipe? *sigh*

Nevertheless, I'll definitely be snaffling up all 3 (as well as Ratchet)

Sideswipe and Bluestreak look decent, I may get them as they look good but may end up getting Henkei due to the chromy goodness. I may go either way.

Ironhide is ok but I hate the Hasbro pink that they like to use for red in their figures so I will wait for the Henkei release on that one.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Ironhide looks like a jigsaw puzzle. And what is up with one side having painted rims and the other not? Looks like the pre "cheap arse-ify" version has the painted wheels.

Sideswipe is too much of a blatent repaint. I'll just get streaker.

As for the design, looks like all the toys are still in "movie mode".
    ________
    NEW JERSEY MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:15 AM.

I will wait for proper shots of Ironhide before I form a final oppinion as Hasbro has a tradition of mistransforming and misrepresenting their figures, as far as we know the vehicle mode may come together rather well but the Hasbro stooges can't be bothered to do it properly. So far pics are a little on the preproduction stage but I am sure Hasbro will get cheap on us or put on a pinky red as they have done many times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Sideswipe is too much of a blatent repaint. I'll just get streaker.
    I think the toy is much more Sideswipe than Sunstreaker, if you're only going to get one Sideswipe's the one to get.

I prefer Sunstreaker in Tigertrack mode because of the mismatch of yellows, but have left him posed as Hasbro intended until I get the Henkei version.

Autobot Hot Zone?!? W T F ?? Seriously... that's got to be the height of absolutely unfocussed inattention from Hasbro there! Again, WTF?!

So... apparently they've lost the rights to the name Hot Spot... but rather than calling it "Autobot Hot Spot" they've called it "Autobot Hot Zone"??? (o_O) But WAIT - one of the Universe Micromasters (from reissue Sixturbo) is called HOT SPOT, so apparently they haven't lost the rights to the Hot Spot name at all!!

Silverstreak and Ironhide look nice enough. Though I wish they would've called Silverstreak "Autobot Bluestreak." But I can live with Silverstreak (it actually makes more sense cos he's not blue... it's just the GeeWunner in me who'd like "Autobot Bluestreak." )
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 1st August 2008 at 01:01 PM.

That third picture of Ironhide is horrendous. If you are going to do official promotional shots, make sure the hired cameraman doesn't transform the toys and get one of the engineers to actually provide separate already transformed figures. The alt mode as well is a right royal mess of seams. I thought Animated Ratchet had an awful alt mode but this one beats it in fugliness. Perhaps it will be better aligned when the final product arrives.

It seems the Allspark blue paint has made its way to Ironhide as well.

The other recolours were quick - good on ya Hasbro. You do love repaints. But I do understand thats how they originally were in G1.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think the toy is much more Sideswipe than Sunstreaker, if you're only going to get one Sideswipe's the one to get.

I prefer Sunstreaker in Tigertrack mode because of the mismatch of yellows, but have left him posed as Hasbro intended until I get the Henkei version.
    The air dams and the head are too much sunstreaker to me.

And yea, I'm only getting the henkei versions of any of these.

Hot spot Gok? That would be the legends leaders pack one would it?
    ________
    Honda SH150i
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 10:15 AM.