Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: amiami (Japan) feedback

Amiami is great with pre orders and usually has the best discount around. All of my "regular" orders: MPs, JoJo SAS figures and any other Japanese toys every now and then come from them and have never had a problem.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Amiami is great with pre orders and usually has the best discount around. All of my "regular" orders: MPs, JoJo SAS figures and any other Japanese toys every now and then come from them and have never had a problem.
    No.... let's see sunstreaker from Amiami then you say they have the best prices.

Ae is at 8,400jpy

I willing to bet they be slightly higher.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    No.... let's see sunstreaker from Amiami then you say they have the best prices.

Ae is at 8,400jpy

Amiami, NY and AE are all about the same. And AE require upfront payment whereas the other two allow you to pay later. I know which I prefer.

Ae is at 8,400jpy

Did you not see the "usually" part or you just like to be right all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Amiami, NY and AE are all about the same. And AE require upfront payment whereas the other two allow you to pay later. I know which I prefer.
    what is NY?

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    what is NY?
    Nippon-Yassan (https://www.nippon-yasan.com)

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Did you not see the "usually" part or you just like to be right all the time?
    In most of the time one to two years back I would agree Amiami would be Usually the cheapest. However, as I been price comparing a few items I have noticed that they are now on par with HLJ.

I am just pointing out that Amiami isn't the usual cheap spot as we normally expect them to be in case you were not aware of their pricing lately cheers.

In most of the time one to two years back I would agree Amiami would be Usually the cheapest. However, as I been price comparing a few items I have noticed that they are now on par with HLJ.

I am just pointing out that Amiami isn't the usual cheap spot as we normally expect them to be in case you were not aware of their pricing lately cheers.
    Also, I heard that nowadays an item whose price is over some threshold (cannot remember the figure) cannot be shipped with SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) in Amiami or HLJ.. I am not sure if it is the case for AE or NY, though.

The postage sometimes really kills...

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    Also, I heard that nowadays an item whose price is over some threshold (cannot remember the figure) cannot be shipped with SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) in Amiami or HLJ.. I am not sure if it is the case for AE or NY, though.

The postage sometimes really kills...
    I believe for HLJ if item is above 20,000 if I am not wrong, you can't choose the cheaper postage, BUT mind you normally when the item is big and heavy HLJ works out to be cheaper using EMS.

Amiami, lets you choose what you want but they will lay out the different available options including DHL.

AE, sucks, they can list the cheaper option but when the item comes they actually tells you that option is not available so you been played out in some cases.

Hobbysearch has also a limit of 18,000jpy and auto EMS I think.

Only NY has the option to choose whatever you want. I have used by boat, and by Eco Air and in some cases air registered.

Going back to Amiami, there have been cases they are listing at above RRP including tax for new pre order items.

I used them on a second or third choice option when the cheaper options are sold out.

Received all 3 Megatron's I ordered from Ami Ami today placed order on 28/05/17 paid for orders on 30th and they shipped on the 31st so about 4 business days to ship with EMS. All in great condition.