Page 13 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Do you take part in any of the gunpla competition?

Your work is quite good.
    No. Not yet. Thanks for saying so, but I really dont think my stuff is up to par with what goes on in the Gunpla competitions.

I would like to though...one day.

BTW is anyone interested in Gundam X? Do you think they will make a MG Double X? Im tempted to get the X but if they make the Double X Ill just go for that instead.

VGM out...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    No. Not yet. Thanks for saying so, but I really dont think my stuff is up to par with what goes on in the Gunpla competitions.

I would like to though...one day.

BTW is anyone interested in Gundam X? Do you think they will make a MG Double X? Im tempted to get the X but if they make the Double X Ill just go for that instead.

VGM out...
    Yo...my work is no where better as well but sometimes is out there to promote awareness. I suggest you do it for fun not competition. Some people take part is to totally to win it all, battle damage the gundam and what not. Just have fun and chill.

I like doing my kit clean built, as in painting original colour schemes most of the time and if not is still clean, no scaring or battle damage for me.

Hey VGM-dude,
    Your custom work to the Gundam joints and all is outstanding!
    I also appreciate the added details you've done to varous parts.
    Did you cover up the blank spots on your gundam with putty, then a flat styro sheet and finally the detailed sheet on top of it?
    What material did you use on the joints?
    Looks impressive mate

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Hey VGM-dude,
    Your custom work to the Gundam joints and all is outstanding!
    I also appreciate the added details you've done to varous parts.
    Did you cover up the blank spots on your gundam with putty, then a flat styro sheet and finally the detailed sheet on top of it?
    What material did you use on the joints?
    Looks impressive mate
    Ha ha... "VGM-dude". Ive never been called that before. I like it!

Thanks for your kind words. To answer your questions, all I used was Pla-plate... No putty. The same goes for the joints. They are different thicknesses of pla-plate. I built it piece by piece until I had the final shape with detail then sanded it down. No wait.. sorry been a long time since I did this. I did use putty to fill in any small gaps on the kit as well as used putty to reinforce the seal on the joints and for molding purposes. All the "tube" looking details are pieces from the trees the parts come on. Reuse and recycle! haha!

For the shield, I put down thick plastic holder pieces then placed pla-plate over them, and puttied any holes.

Hope this answers your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Ha ha... "VGM-dude". Ive never been called that before. I like it!

Thanks for your kind words. To answer your questions, all I used was Pla-plate... No putty. The same goes for the joints. They are different thicknesses of pla-plate. I built it piece by piece until I had the final shape with detail then sanded it down. No wait.. sorry been a long time since I did this. I did use putty to fill in any small gaps on the kit as well as used putty to reinforce the seal on the joints and for molding purposes. All the "tube" looking details are pieces from the trees the parts come on. Reuse and recycle! haha!

For the shield, I put down thick plastic holder pieces then placed pla-plate over them, and puttied any holes.

Hope this answers your questions.
    Thanks mate
    I enjoy the process to getting modifications, customs and kitbashes done.
    Where do you get this Pla-plate?

Next Metal build isn't a Gundam, is from Full Metal Panic, no idea why Bandai decided to sway attention to that series.

Next Metal build isn't a Gundam, is from Full Metal Panic, no idea why Bandai decided to sway attention to that series.
    yeah?... it was a good show as I remember but that was so long ago and I totally forgot how the mech look like...so it wasn't that good of a design in the first place then ....
    an easy pass for me then ....

My metal build Destiny's been delayed

Hope it comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    My metal build Destiny's been delayed

Hope it comes out soon.
    where did you buy it from?

where did you buy it from?
    Amazon. They sent me an e-mail saying it's being delayed. Won't have an idea when they are ready- sometime between now and April was the first estimation with the possibility of longer.