Page 84 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6474798081828384858687888994104 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    yeah the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1/100 High Resolution just got released but at 15,500yen !! that how much a PG unicorn price....
    Thanks, that's the one I was thinking of. That price is such a turn-off though!

Where do you go to get reliable information about what's coming? I use Gundam.info a bit but it's a little bit hard to find information about releases. Are they any really good fansites?

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post

Where do you go to get reliable information about what's coming? I use Gundam.info a bit but it's a little bit hard to find information about releases. Are they any really good fansites?
    I tend to check out http://gundamguy.blogspot.com it also regularly shows people's customs too.

That hi-res barbatos price is just wow, but at the moment from what we've seen, I'm happy enough to just skip the whole series in gunpla form.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    Thanks incidentally where do you folks buy paint locally? Or do you just pick them up online most of the time where it's much cheaper? I checked Hobbyking but all they stock are Italeris.
    i get paint from local hobby store or hobbyco... they have almost everything there ...and it reasonably priced.. if they dont have it then i get it from BNA model world , but i tend to wait until i need a few to save on postage ....

I also been decanting spray cans for basic colours like black and grey from them bargin store... at $3 a can it totally worth it.. but abit of a mess to do....

Also you can get nail polish at them places too for cheap and they come with some interesting colour ..like pearls ... which can be thin down with thinners where you can buy at bunning for cheap to clean your air / brushes ....

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post

Yup just turned me off. That's a metal build price!

i get paint from local hobby store or hobbyco... they have almost everything there ...and it reasonably priced.. if they dont have it then i get it from BNA model world , but i tend to wait until i need a few to save on postage ....

I also been decanting spray cans for basic colours like black and grey from them bargin store... at $3 a can it totally worth it.. but abit of a mess to do....

Also you can get nail polish at them places too for cheap and they come with some interesting colour ..like pearls ... which can be thin down with thinners where you can buy at bunning for cheap to clean your air / brushes ....
    Thanks for the tips, will head out to the shop tomorrow and check the prices.

yeah the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 1/100 High Resolution just got released but at 15,500yen !! that how much a PG unicorn price....
    Anyone know if anyone else will get this other than amiami?
    I should just wait for HLJ I suppose. Been wanting to get this every since I saw it. I hope it wont be a hard to find piece.

And I buy my paints locally (only when I really need it cause they are too expensive locally) and online. Though I have been thinking of switching from Acrylics to Enamel since its naturally glossy. Though what to do with all my current paints?

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Anyone know if anyone else will get this other than amiami?
    I should just wait for HLJ I suppose. Been wanting to get this every since I saw it. I hope it wont be a hard to find piece.

And I buy my paints locally (only when I really need it cause they are too expensive locally) and online. Though I have been thinking of switching from Acrylics to Enamel since its naturally glossy. Though what to do with all my current paints?
    i think the high resolution one would be available every where . It be a mass produce one....
    With your paint ... i tend to do my base colour in acrylic and then detail in enamel as enamel is it easy to fix , for panel lines and tiny detail , you can just use thinner to wipe off the mistake and that doesn't effect the acrylic. The clear coat at the end would determine if it glossy or not

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Definitely read reviews before you buy that kit.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Definitely read reviews before you buy that kit.
    Got one in mind that I should read?

Thanks for the top Lance. Do you mean to top coat islt in gloss before I use the enamel paints? Cause wiping with thinner would ruin the base coat no?

Part of my problem with both the Barbatos kits I've seen so far is that the legs just don't look right. The kits present the suit with straight, humanoid legs, but in the anime it sort of looks like it has semi-digitigrade legs (where there's a double-jointed knee that bends backwards, as in MTMTE Whirl). Neither the NG or the Hi-Res kit really seem to reflect that, though I think I've just seen a HG kit that might do it a little better. It's such a unique design feature that it's disappointing to not see it in the models.