Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Hunter TV Show

Megatran Guest

Default Toy Hunter TV Show

TOY HUNTER is premiering on Monday 8:00pm on channel GO!.

Default Bumbled Jump

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    TOY HUNTER is premiering on Monday 8:00pm on channel GO!.
    Joy. Can't wait to watch the crew discover that ultra-rare Bumblebee prototype figure.

Megatran Guest

Watched the first episode of Toy Hunter tonight. Transformers featured in several segments. I won't spoil it for those who are holding off & don't want to know which TF toys are featured, but there are several rare items.

Jordan (dealer/picker/host of show) is not as polished as the 2 guys on American Pickers IMO. Comes across as wishy washy & goes out of his way to be very polite. Format of the show mirrors American Pickers in that it lists what he paid, what he reckons he can re-sell for and the how much profit he can make.

I'll be watching more episodes in the remote chance I might see an appearance by Griffin & his collection (photos just don't do it justice).

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Watched the first episode of Toy Hunter tonight. Transformers featured in several segments. I won't spoil it for those who are holding off & don't want to know which TF toys are featured, but there are several rare items.

Jordan (dealer/picker/host of show) is not as polished as the 2 guys on American Pickers IMO. Comes across as wishy washy & goes out of his way to be very polite. Format of the show mirrors American Pickers in that it lists what he paid, what he reckons he can re-sell for and the how much profit he can make.

I'll be watching more episodes in the remote chance I might see an appearance by Griffin & his collection (photos just don't do it justice).
    This is season 2, I presume. Watched Season 1, I thought it was pretty good, so much eye candy. Started Season 2, good so far.

Tonight's episode was Season 1 - Episode 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Hunter).

There were some small bits of interesting info, but I didn't like the way he was haggling for items he wasn't going to keep. He gave the impression to the people that he wanted them for himself, but then boasted about how much he could make from them. He would even tell people when they had a rare item, but then offers just a couple bucks.
    To give him credit though, he did say on camera to one person that one item he wanted was purely for reselling, so couldn't go any higher than about half of what he could sell it for (a standard percentage for second-hand stores, dealers, pawnshops, etc).

One bit was amusing - he tried to sound well versed in TFs, but when he came across a Bumblejumper, he had no idea what it was.
    Then he came across a Lucky Draw Energon Rodimus (gold), - it was loose and people were touching it with their bare hands. Eeek!
    The owner of the gold Rodimus had to explain what it was, and how rare it was.... but before he did, the Toy Hunter just seemed to see the "gold" and assumed it was worth thousands.
    And being out of packaging, it's value is debatable. Even though a sealed one could go for 2-4 thousand... I wouldn't spend a thousand on the loose one (which is what it sold for).

BTW, the Transformers collector at the end who bought it, was Pete Sinclair, who works on BotCon (the only Transformers Fan employed full-time by FunPub).
    His toy room was nicely set up. It would be a collection that this Toy Hunter should feature, instead of rummaging around dusty boxes and buying just 5 or 6 toys in the episode, just to show off later how much he could make from them.

I hope we get to see more toy collections, and more info on obscure figures. That just makes it bearable to watch.

Default The Toy Hunter

Did anyone see this show on TV last night? It featured a couple of TF pieces, including a Lucky Draw Gold Rodimus from Armada (I think) and a Bumble-Jumper.

The premise is the same as all these other imported US shows about ripping people off by selling stuff, but it was a little more tolerable as it was about toys.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Was it the episode where he sold a used Bumble-Jumper for $150?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Was it the episode where he sold a used Bumble-Jumper for $150?
    That's the one. There's actually a repeat of it on 'Go' right now.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

that show is awesome!! some of the toys he features on it bring back a lot of good memories. in season 2 esp 9 he goes to this blokes house and his garage is full of misb gi joe stuff from the 80's and there was a lot!! it was a 3 car garage(but in length not width). i can't wait till they air season 3 on A&E.

I've recorded it but i'll only be watching out of curiosity. I've read and heard a lot of bad press about the show.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)