Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KOs worth it?

I don't buy ko's and in gerneral I don't believe people should support the manufacturers of these but I'm also not going to look down on someone who is unable to afford the originals and would just like to experience the molds of the older TF's.
    My opinion varies depending what mood I'm in lol

Rather than buying knockoffs, just patiently hunt down Dinobots and the three Autobot cars in good condition. (Also, if you want a Windcharger without a hook on his bumper, do the same for him.) It's tricky though, because even then you need to ensure you're not accidentally buying loose knockoffs or KO accessories from a swindling seller. And, to complete 1985 you'd also need three Powerdashers, three Omnibots and at least four Mini-spies if you don't have them from childhood. Good luck!

Wouldn't touch KOs as their quality is inferior and you will notice the difference.
    You'll realise that it's a waste of money in the end.
    Keep with the originals and continue the bot hunt... That's where the fun is at
    Just get a loose mint stickers unapplied piece.

Look buying a KO to fill the gap in your collection isn't really ideal. The plastic quality isn't great and there's going to be some deformity in the mold. The only reason I buy the occasional KO is to customise.

BTW Kranix I have a loose G1 Slag, no weapons and the joints are bit loose, if you're interested PM me.

no

I don't buy into the whole morality issue of KO's or salute the flag of Hasbro and I've never had a quality issue with KO's I have owned or played with. An argument can be made that the plastic quality of newer Hasbro Transformers have a KO feel to them as well (see FOC Combaticons), however as you've stated you're after G1 so this is a moot point. My only problem with them is when they're passed-off as vintage to collectors at a marked-up price. At the end of the day, it's your collection. Buy whatever the hell you want and are comfortable with
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post

BTW Kranix I have a loose G1 Slag, no weapons and the joints are bit loose, if you're interested PM me.
    Thanks for the offer but Ironically I do have an original G1 slag but he is looking a little abused so I don't display him with the other bots, he hides away in a box with a few other childhood Transformers that didn't survive as well as some of my others that do get displayed. Might fix him up one day.

Thanks to all the posters who offered advice, however hunting these rare figures down as loose items does not sound appealing to me at all, I would most likely mistakenly end up with KOs anyway, lol. I've loved buying the reissues as brand new boxed items and opening them myself to display, I don't think I would get the pleasure from the oldies anyway, better left on the market for those who will appreciate them. So I think I just wait and see what happens with further reissues and concentrate more on MP figures.

Thanks again everyone

I wouldnt mind getting a KO to play and give away to some young kids/nephew/cousins/etc while having a original one in MISB for my collection. Saw some some KO movie BB and Prime which looks quite good when I was in Bangkok.

KO for collection is a NO NO for me.

Interesting thoughts. I only consider a KO if there is no chance of an official release. I open all my Transformers and as long as I can get a brand new version I will pay extra for the genuine one and not even consider a KO. Thus why I was contemplating only the G1 Transformers where its reported that the mold is lost and thus cant be re-issued.