Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by JustBulahhh View Post
    This could be off topic a bit, anyone know other trust worthy online store similar to TFidownunder? I'm trying to get MP Ultra Magnus and Lambor and unfortunately Tfidownunder doesn't restock it anymore.

I'm currently looking at BBTS (a bit expensive for shipping) and Chimungmung (don't know how secure they are) and wondering if anyone uses this sites and how is your experience with it? Srry, I'm new to buying toys online.
    I've used chimungmung and robot kingdom before, both are perfectly fine in my opinion.

Taking every ounce of my willpower not to hound TFI with another "Where's my Apollyon!!" email. With all the sales from this thing he should look into getting some helper staff!

God, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is going on about how he is one man doing it as a side job. Then people start agreeing with those posts and that because of that, they're willing to wait patiently. So I just keep my mouth shut because I feel like maybe I'm just being an impatient d*ck.

I thought I'd give these guys a try so I could help support local businesses even though I've not had any troubles at all with overseas suppliers. But if it's always going to take this long to have in demand items sent to me, I think I might have to start going back to said overseas suppliers unfortunately. Sorry tfi. Your hard work is appreciated though! Please don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    God, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is going on about how he is one man doing it as a side job. Then people start agreeing with those posts and that because of that, they're willing to wait patiently. So I just keep my mouth shut because I feel like maybe I'm just being an impatient d*ck.

I thought I'd give these guys a try so I could help support local businesses even though I've not had any troubles at all with overseas suppliers. But if it's always going to take this long to have in demand items sent to me, I think I might have to start going back to said overseas suppliers unfortunately. Sorry tfi. Your hard work is appreciated though! Please don't get me wrong.
    Yeah I hear you. Nice summary of my feelings. Don't want to THAT guy. But also wouldn't mind my item already paid for some time soon.

good things come to those who wait.

Yeah. All I want is a proper set of updates to tide me over... He did that last week when he said about half had been sent out, but there has been nothing since. At least for me.

It was only a matter of time until another store entered the ring, and now that one has he has got to improve. And soon, or its TFIgoneunder.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Agreed on the sentiments.

I think I'm a bit more understanding b/c of the price benefit. If not for that I wouldn't put up with the wait times.

But the other part that's hard and conflicting is small retailers like TFI/Premium Collectibles get screwed over b/c they are secondary retailers and the larger online ones will often get stock first as seen with Warbotron fiasco. You can support the smaller guy but you may end up having to wait months extra.

That's not to say that's the case with Apolloyn. I think he's had it for a few weeks now.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    But the other part that's hard and conflicting is small retailers like TFI/Premium Collectibles get screwed over b/c they are secondary retailers and the larger online ones will often get stock first as seen with Warbotron fiasco. .
    It's a fair point, but then again the "small" stores shouldn't put up pre-orders that they can't fulfil even with the early funding to pay for the item from the customer, this treads in an area where consumer law would not be happy.

I'm not having a go at TFIdownunder, I have purchased from him and despite initial communication issues via website e-mail, there were no problems after that, so I am a happy buyer form the site.

Although I think some of these sites (including the big ones) need to pull back on pre-orders, Fans Toys seems to be one of the worst suppliers when it comes to date deadlines, yes it is a way to drum up business by having great prices for high demand items early before release but if in the end you can only deliver with extended delays (if at all) then perhaps it's time for a change of business model.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Just a quick post to update that I have received an update from TFI and Aus Post with tracking that my Apollyon is on it's way (hopefully will have it by Thu/Fri) ... not sure if I was in the early or later half of shipped orders though (based on the FB update earlier). I did make payment back in Nov though.

I do agree that TFI is considered a small retailer, not like the bigger ones in HK or US. But that's also expected given the market size and the fact that sellers in HK, like RK or Chimungmung ship overseas easily enough, with decent packaging/tracking etc.

I'm happy to support local though, even if it means there's a week or two delay, some of these 3P items have been delayed months, what's another week or so.

Good to hear!

He's also updated Facebook to say that he THINKS that he can get all Apollyon orders shipped by Thursday.

Seems like I must've been one of the last people to have paid!

I must admit that I was so close to contacting them myself to find out what was happening (like many of you have stated) ever since he showed the pic of the items landing. I even showed my gf the post he put up asking people to please stop emailing him about apollyon and had a laugh at it. I think that the nature of the toy itself is what has people a bit antsy to receive it in hand, not necessarily any trust issues with the store. I don't think that I would mind half as much for any other product from them (eg. FT sever), and will have a very "it'll come when it comes" attitude towards them.