Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So he threatened to do that huh? He has also made similar threats on Facebook.

Classy.
    I wonder if that was to me, I blocked his Facebook page and email address.
    I'm not sure where he gets his legal advice from but he would not have had a leg to stand on lol.

He told me to look at his policies, I could not see anything in there about 60% cancellation fees (I never cancelled mind you) and I fail to see how debt collectors would chase me when it was PayPal holding the funds not me, I was not aware PayPal took the money back during a dispute until now.

If you're going to use PayPal as your payment method you are bound by their buyer protection policies...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    So he threatened to do that huh? He has also made similar threats on Facebook.

Classy.
    Got link?

I currently have a dispute open after he tried to charge me 60% cost after returning an unopened item. Escalated to a PayPal claim yesterday and I receive an invoice for Spotter today...

I might have to go through Mastercard to retrieve the other outstanding payments as well. What a PITA.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Got link?

I currently have a dispute open after he tried to charge me 60% cost after returning an unopened item. Escalated to a PayPal claim yesterday and I receive an invoice for Spotter today...

I might have to go through Mastercard to retrieve the other outstanding payments as well. What a PITA.
    good luck. I got off relatively easy. A 60% cancellation fee is rediculous. Especially when their website makes no mention of it and suggests they'll give you a store credit. Unfortunately this type of service is quite common in Australia and one of the reasons I shop overseas, GST won't fix crappy service. Contact consumer affairs about the legality of that 60% fee though generally if you return due to changing your mind you can't do much.

OK, I see where the 60% cancellation fee he threatened me with came from now, the pre-order policy. I'm not quite sure how that applies to an item that was apparently in stock. So essentially he'll apply his policies however he sees fit.

Fine if it was a pre-order, but my item was in stock and he claimed it was a restocking fee not a pre-order cancellation fee. If the cancellation policies apply for all items then I'd suggest moving it into the terms of sale as I'm not going to look at pre-order policies unless I've made a pre-order.

The moral of the story here is if you can't ship things out in a timely manner let people know, employ an extra person just to respond to emails and Facebook messages, or provide a phone number so people can talk to a real person, and if people are emailing and messaging you over and over and you're taking days to respond or not at all, or you say it will ship today or tomorrow and three days later they still can't get in contact with you then you're going to get PayPal disputes.

He told me he'd replied to all my emails but looking at the firewall at work where I sent him an email from, the only email there is from my address to him, this is in the SMTP log where all emails are recorded for a month without exception, this will also show any that are in the SMTP quarantine (SPAM)

Quote Originally Posted by alfa156 View Post
    good luck. I got off relatively easy. A 60% cancellation fee is rediculous. Especially when their website makes no mention of it and suggests they'll give you a store credit. Unfortunately this type of service is quite common in Australia and one of the reasons I shop overseas, GST won't fix crappy service. Contact consumer affairs about the legality of that 60% fee though generally if you return due to changing your mind you can't do much.
    He doesn't have an ABN on his website so would most likely not be registered for GST. Unless it changed this financial year a business does not have to register for GST if it's revenue (not profits) is less that $75,000 per financial year.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Sounds like I'm never gonna use this place.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Sounds like some bad experiences. Glad i didn't bite and buy a few things the other night. It's a shame really

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Do take note , Japanese online stores also have a non cancelation policy so please be a bit mindful about comparing etc.

I had to use this store once as no other stores were selling an item and it was a good experience.

Hopefully he pull his socks up.

RokDog is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It appears they're exhibiting at OzComicon Brisbane weekend after next. Perhaps those with concerns can discuss their policies in person?
    http://www.ozcomiccon.com/en/Exhibit...TFI-Down-Under

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Do take note , Japanese online stores also have a non cancelation policy so please be a bit mindful about comparing etc.

I had to use this store once as no other stores were selling an item and it was a good experience.

Hopefully he pull his socks up.
    I don't have an issue with cancellation policies, it's when you're threatened with them because you disputed a transaction due to poor communication that I have an issue. I never wanted to cancel, I just wanted an ETA and some correspondence.