Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2939444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

I too was fully refunded for 4 pre-orders all of which had been paid up front.
    When I asked about the reasons for refunding even paid pre-orders, I received the following (via Facebook):

Me: Sorry but I still don't understand why it's necessary to cancel ALL orders? If it's already been paid for then what's the problem?
    Also, I assume it's safe to say that once orders are cancelled and then put back up for sale, the price will remain the same?
    February 20 at 5:48pm
    TFIDownUnder.com Because , I have had to cancel orders with our suppliers because we cannot honour them, as the orders haven't been honoured on our end. Start from scratch, clean slate.
    February 20 at 8:09pm · Edited

Note that he has failed to confirm what the new prices will be for the items. I have asked on at least two other occasions for new price confirmations and again received no reply. I asked again on Facebook today, in the most polite terms possible.
    I am feeling pretty confident that the prices will increase on all the items I had pre-ordered, meaning i will be out of pocket.
    Due to TFI's delay's I have missed out on ordering these figures at a decent price from Premium Collectables and TFDirect. The only places they are still available for order are considerably more than I was originally paying.

The new store is still not online (it's been "in the works" since July last year.)

I will see what the new price is like if/when the new store opens and if it is still competitive I will most likely re-order from them , but I will absolutely be pointing out any price difference on their Facebook pages. Likewise, if the price remains the same, I will happily congratulate them for that on Facebook.

They're kind of my last choice in Aus for TF figures, but as they still have the biggest range of MP's in Aus, I often have to either suck it up and take a gamble on them or pay significantly more for overseas sellers.

It's also really difficult to communicate with them, not just because of their painfully slow response but because the owner is hyper-sensitive and aggressive and one wrong word will get you banned, meaning one less potential store to check for the lowest price.

Not sure if this is the right area for this but I suppose it relates to my experience with this retailer. Communication is very bad and ill be lucky to get a response within 3 weeks when querying my order. They hace since confirmed my order was cancelled but havent responded when I can expect a refund. Is anyone else still waiting for their refund also?

Seems like the only good feedback was from when i purchased from them at Supernova....

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi_kid View Post
    Not sure if this is the right area for this but I suppose it relates to my experience with this retailer. Communication is very bad and ill be lucky to get a response within 3 weeks when querying my order. They hace since confirmed my order was cancelled but havent responded when I can expect a refund. Is anyone else still waiting for their refund also?
    I thought he posted on fb that all refunds had been done....

They said they were on the last leg of issuing refunds then another post saying they promised refunds to customers end of march which was delayed due to public holiday.

I think 4 months is long enough for them to have held on to my $ so I am going to just file a paypal dispute.

Had Hot Rod delivered today. I told them i wasn't in a rush and when you get it send it.

Came today well packaged, box in perfect condition.

TFI always works well for me.. never had a problem.

Hi guys

Has anyone had any communication from this guy, he still owes me $180 for cancelled preorders and isn't replying on Facebook.

If anyone knows the guy can you tell him to check his messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Micktimus View Post
    Hi guys

Has anyone had any communication from this guy, he still owes me $180 for cancelled preorders and isn't replying on Facebook.

If anyone knows the guy can you tell him to check his messages.

I'll quote myself from a previous post on the same thing:

Do everything you can to get your money back. They are just another failed entity who mishandled customer money, so just get it back. Don't wait for them - your money is GONE. They used your money as capital to obtain other stock to sell in the meantime. That stock hasn't all sold, so they were left owing suppliers money for your order. They fell in a hole, and now they're refunding people bit by bit as any money comes in. You could be then next one refunded, you could be 100th in the queue waiting months. Don't bother waiting for a reply as it doesn't change your chances of a refund.

Depending on how you paid, your options are these:

If you used PayPal, start a dispute today. Get the process rolling with them - you have all this evidence already of them not replying to you, so you're set.
    Furthermore, if you used a credit card to pay via PayPal, talk to your bank about your potential options for doing a charge back on your credit card - if the PayPal dispute stalls you can then initiate a charge back direct with the bank.

If you paid via direct deposit... you might be at the mercy of the gods. Talk to the bank about what options might exist, but I don't know if there are any, but use this as a lesson to always use a credit based option when shopping online for expensive items.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply, I was worried from the start when they cancelled all the preorders, but I had hope when he refunded one items straight away and then gave me in stock items as part refund.

But since the 22nd june I havnt heard anything from them.

They have cancelled there ABN so I guess I'm screwed.