Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31414647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Maketoys have no regrets though, they still insist on tfi as their only distributor in Australia .

I thought the new website should have been made by now.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Maketoys have no regrets though, they still insist on tfi as their only distributor in Australia .
    LOL! They're going to be in for a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Micktimus View Post
    I just sent an email off to the ACCC so ill wait on that
    Up to you but all you are doing now is wasting your own time. The ACCC aint gonna do jack in the short term. If you really want your coin back just brute force it.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    Up to you but all you are doing now is wasting your own time. The ACCC aint gonna do jack in the short term. If you really want your coin back just brute force it.
    I need to raise this as well and agree here.
    ACCC won't help you till ages later but Banks and Paypal will.
    ACCC just record what happens and just tells the owner that he filed a complaint. They won't push or force anything.

This is bad comedy. They should have cut their losses lonnnggg ago rather than assume that the same model that didn't work when they a) had more money(?), b) a slightly more optimistic customer base, and c) better economic conditions to work with, will work now.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    ACCC won't help you till ages later but Banks and Paypal will.
    I wound up going through PayPal for all of my refunds and got it back successfully.

Hi guys

How would I go about it from the bank angle as I did a direct deposit at the time.

If I used PayPal I'd know what to do.

Its sad to read all these burned buyers, and my heart really goes out to you all. They were crooked to deal with, and seem to have hurt a lot of people.

You probably won't ever get an apology from them, but you all deserve one.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

They have cancelled there ABN so I guess I'm screwed.
    Without a purchase through a line of credit you have no real protection. I know $180 is quite a lot, but it will not be worth the time trying to take any sort of debt recovery action.

Even if you do, you will need to document every transaction, action and communication you have had with them.

I was going through several transaction disputes with them through PayPal and Mastercard. In the end they still owed me $180 + $10 shipping for an item which I was about to pursue through Mastercard, and $190 for another item through PayPal, which they then sent out after being contacted by PayPal directly. A week later I also got a dispute refund through PayPal for the same item because they didn't update the dispute status... I then decided to drop the Mastercard charge-back as it all evened out in the end. TFI then insisting I refund the money I had "reached into their account and stolen" almost made it all worthwhile.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hi guys

How would I go about it from the bank angle as I did a direct deposit at the time.

If I used PayPal I'd know what to do.
    Unfortunately I'd expect it's unlikely you will be able to get back the money on a direct deposit but all you can do is contact your bank and discuss the situation with them. In future, Paypal or Credit card payments will give you the most buyer protection in case a transaction turns sour.