Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 324247484950515253 LastLast

Thread: tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Its sad to read all these burned buyers, and my heart really goes out to you all. They were crooked to deal with, and seem to have hurt a lot of people.

You probably won't ever get an apology from them, but you all deserve one.
    That's the thing, they were alright to begin with. Things were often clumsy, but they were basically honest. I would have had about a dozen transactions that were fulfilled, until things started going down-hill real fast, because they were not set up to deal with market fluctuations and the inevitable competition by start-ups that knew how to operate properly. Communication problems with their customers and suppliers was always going to put them under.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    That's the thing, they were alright to begin with. Things were often clumsy, but they were basically honest. I would have had about a dozen transactions that were fulfilled, until things started going down-hill real fast, because they were not set up to deal with market fluctuations and the inevitable competition by start-ups that knew how to operate properly. Communication problems with their customers and suppliers was always going to put them under.
    I believe your experiences might differ from that of some other customers? Their behaviour was very shady early on with spamming of the Ozformers boards, and I think a lot of us were silent about our experiences initially because we didn't want to tarnish a man's livelihood..... we were all very trusting because the vast majority of us have always had largely positive experiences with other ozformers members.

We're a good bunch here, we help each other out and post findings at retail and trade toys at fair prices rather than scalping. But when a member is dishonest, it hurts us all.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I believe your experiences might differ from that of some other customers? Their behaviour was very shady early on with spamming of the Ozformers boards, and I think a lot of us were silent about our experiences initially because we didn't want to tarnish a man's livelihood..... we were all very trusting because the vast majority of us have always had largely positive experiences with other ozformers members.

We're a good bunch here, we help each other out and post findings at retail and trade toys at fair prices rather than scalping. But when a member is dishonest, it hurts us all.
    I'll disclaimer this by stating this is just a heavy guesstimate based on my own correspondent with TFI, along with everything posted on fb.

It looks like you got your goods in the early days, more so because the order volumes were lower. It seems as if their problems really started to mount when they started going big on order numbers - CW Devi being the main one. Also I have a feeling he may have been confirming orders with the OEMs for some smaller releases before even collecting payment, and the growing debt from those over time caused the below to happen.

With all of this "order now pay later" preorder system, I reckon they had outstanding invoices not fully paid from earlier orders due to people not paying/bailing from orders, and lets say they used the very punctual payments for Devi (such as myself) to see off those payments. Meanwhile they had unsold stock from those older orders, and money now owing from the big Devi order. Once they got paid from say 75% of Devi customers, they used what money was still there to order a shipment to cover say half the orders, and lets assume they filled the first 50% who paid (like me).

At this point, they had half the devi orders still to fill, with no money left to pay, as it was tied up in unsold stock, and customers who hadnt paid. I reckon some party decided to ring up what they were owed and thats when it went belly up. People were then slowly either receiving their order (from I assume sea freight that just took ages), or a refund as the on hand stock got sold. Then it looks like that stopped as well

To the people who are still owed money, you're only recourse is via Paypal, or the banks
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Yeah I brought several figures off them then May last year it all went down hill

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I believe they are no longer available.

Maketoys had acknowledged looking at alternative distributor.
    If you are still making an order at this stage , you are stepping into no response.

who would be the new distributor of MT? PC?

I know this seems rare judging from the last few posts here's a positive experience.
    About 2 or 3 weeks ago, TFI posted on Facebook they received replacement parts for MT Cupola, I asked for one, and within a week received an unexpected phone call from the TFI owner confirming my address details etc.

Got the replacement parts free of charge (no postage either) in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by micfox001 View Post
    who would be the new distributor of MT? PC?
    You can email maketoys to ask. I only know maketoys is aware tfi is not available. Even Facebook page have no updates. I had no new updates from maketoys and I am buying from Singapore. And no PC has declined taking up maketoys so is open to others.

As for Good or bad experience don't matter as if they are not available then is pointless to mislead any member here to buy anything if they are allowed to even without an abn. If you are trading with him directly and know him of course is a safer bet otherwise I would proceed carefully. Last post updates was 04/08/16 but no new toys updates.

Till they officially resurface I would wait, that's my advice. They are most welcome to come back to give more competition to the market

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    And no PC has declined taking up maketoys so is open to others.
    Really? I thought PC had courted Maketoys and got a no from them because of pre existing relationship with TFIDU... Maybe more happened later? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    Really? I thought PC had courted Maketoys and got a no from them because of pre existing relationship with TFIDU... Maybe more happened later? Interesting.
    To be precise, PC said no to them due to collaboration with tfi which I think is a respected choice and I think wise move.

I have no issues buying Desportron from elsewhere anyway and I can see a few members already gotten it, this should not be a issue at all whether tfi is still around.

Nothing will happen more unless maketoys approach PC themselves.