Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TF4 First Edition Optimus figure for February (Amazon excl)

Size comparison images have surfaced of this figure next to MP10 and a TF2 Leader Optimus... and the First Edition figure towers over both, which would seem to justify the US$60 price tag in America (taking into account the expense of shiny bits too).

With the recent Beast Hunters Voyagers being larger than previous Voyagers, perhaps this is a "Leader class" figure in the new simplified era of Transformers?

You're good.
    I was just looking at that & Dino Prime

Sorry... I have no life.

A gallery has been posted up, but the pics are small (and sideways for me).

The packaging says that's features are...
    - Sword of Judgement (???)
    - Sentinel Shield (I guess Optimus pillaged Sentinels parts like he did with Jetfire )
    - over 10 inches tall (about 25 cm - looks to be just a little bigger than Leader Class Sentinel Prime)

As I had guessed in the Superbowl topic, this figure has NOW been put up for sale on Amazon, for US$60. It says free shipping, but is only for America, as it cost me AU$18.50.
    The $60 converted to AU$71.28 for me.

$60 seems like a steep US price for that toy - I think that's the same pricepoint as Beast Fire Predaking and Beast Hunter Optimus Prime.

It's about the same size, and has shiney bits and fancy box.... so probably makes it worth it.

It's been found in retail in Singapore today as well... so this may have been intended as a global release, but only two countries joined the party.

Just ordered mine. Including postage it works out to be about AU$85, so $15 cheaper than AU RRP.

A video review from emgo316: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klJdBXBhmuU

Should come as a surprise to no one that he's right up there with Big Convoy in terms of shellforming.
    Truck looks awesome but it's not like that's some great achievement considering how it transforms!

Not surprising, considering that they would have had to fast-track the design and engineering of this figure to get it out to stores 3 months before the main-line (working from concept drawings that would only be about a year old)... the transformation and sculpting is probably a bit off as well.