Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: TF4 First Edition Optimus figure for February (Amazon excl)

In box (it came in a tight fitting shipping box that had to be from Hasbro, but had no product name or company printed on it)

Robot mode (with some recent exclusives)

Instructions

Colour instructions are nice, a bit like early Gen1 instructions. Don't be fooled by the labelling of it as a shell-former, as the transformation isn't a
    complete walk in the park. It is NOT a "challenge" type Transformer, but there is still a little bit of creative engineering involved in the design. A
    commendable effort when you consider that the back when the designers started on this figure, they would only have had photos of the truck mode
    and some early concept CGI for the robot mode (as such, most of the truck shell folds up onto the back and only a little is incorporated into the robot body - the legs).
    The shiny parts and rubber wheels, plus the big bulky toy in both modes and decent articulation, makes for something I consider is above average
    for the fairly high price point... but is likely to be below average for those who don't collect Transformers toys to play with (who value more the
    engineering and displayability of the figures).

The mid-section, showing how the backpack is part of the robot waist, so isn't removable. You can also see from this photo, that only the lower legs
    of the robot mode forms any part of the truck (shell).

In vehicle mode, with Ultimate BH Optimus, DLX FOC Optimus, Green BAPE Optimus, MP YOTH Optimus, Rescue Bots Trailer Optimus.

Instead of rub-signs to prove authenticity, or a holographic sticker... we get a logo on the packaging, which anyone could put on KOs quite easily.
    Also, this notes a Transformers App - is that something that's been out already, or something new?

Nice little review but one question from me, what's the plastic feel like that makes the truck itself. Is it thin and flimsy, or not to bad for what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Nice little review but one question from me, what's the plastic feel like that makes the truck itself. Is it thin and flimsy, or not to bad for what it is?
    It's very solid. The toy itself is very hollow, so feels VERY light for its (truck) size, but the panels do their job on making the truck mode very solid and rigid when all the parts are completely locked in.

Anyone hoping the Takara version might be different, sorry it looks pretty much the same.

So potentially, there should be a 2nd edition prime and 3rd edition prime?

Is this the only Leader Class figure of the new Optimus Prime figure out at the moment or will they release a premium, Masterpiece like version? If not then I might have to settlefor this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Is this the only Leader Class figure of the new Optimus Prime figure out at the moment or will they release a premium, Masterpiece like version? If not then I might have to settlefor this one.
    There will be another Leader Class Optimus later this year. Takara have sent out solicitations for their version of it this morning. It looks the same as the Hasbro version seen last year that will be released later this year as part of the Generations line.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    There will be another Leader Class Optimus later this year. Takara have sent out solicitations for their version of it this morning. It looks the same as the Hasbro version seen last year that will be released later this year as part of the Generations line.
    Eh it's not as shiny and still a backpacker like this one. I might as well just get this one then because of the nice box.