Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

Most of their Tomica Die Cast are 4-6 weeks and all except one has been filled. However no recent experience with other items

Megatran Guest

HLJ is having Black Friday four day sale. Runs until 6pm Tuesday Japan time. Make sure you read the sale conditions.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not fantastic, needs to be in stock and half of the good items are on back order. Go figure?

Also no sale for pre orders. I however manage to get two kits.
    Very disappointed compared to previous sale. This is a sad Friday sale.

Can somebody give me rough figures for shipping for the Star Saber, Magnus (I'm guessing similar to MP-04, MP-09 etc.) and Exhaust to Melbourne/Australia.

Not sure if I dun goofed passing up on all 3 when the preorders came up late last night. If only private warehouse lasted another month I could have nabbed all three together - can anybody comment on roughly how much they've saved using this feature? Cheers.

I would think

1 exhaust 900 yen
    Starsaber 3,300 yen ems gusss only
    Magnus same.

Is all guesstimate as product is not available

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I would think

1 exhaust 900 yen
    Starsaber 3,300 yen ems gusss only
    Magnus same.

Is all guesstimate as product is not available
    Thanks for the estimates!

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Thanks for the estimates!
    The thing to note is I realised hlj ems service can be cheaper than other online stores at times. But overall they do not charge an arm for shipping as compared to a lot of stores out here.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    The thing to note is I realised hlj ems service can be cheaper than other online stores at times. But overall they do not charge an arm for shipping as compared to a lot of stores out here.
    Agreed.

They always aim to pass on the cheapest cost to the consumer regardless of the chosen Shipping Method.

I'm also guesstimating $30 for EMS, going off of what it cost me to get my 1.5kg TakaraTomy Generations: Metroplex from them as I reckon he's likely the most comparable in packaging dimensions & weight to that of MP Ultra Magnus and Star Saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Agreed.

They always aim to pass on the cheapest cost to the consumer regardless of the chosen Shipping Method.

I'm also guesstimating $30 for EMS, going off of what it cost me to get my 1.5kg TakaraTomy Generations: Metroplex from them as I reckon he's likely the most comparable in packaging dimensions & weight to that of MP Ultra Magnus and Star Saber.
    yup going to agree with that estimate.

HLJ used to have 20% off EMS advertised, now they just seem to have it regardless - a deal with Japan Post maybe? They process over 1,000 orders a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I know I've shopped with HobbyLink Japan since at least 2002. Combining orders is less insane than it used to be due to a Pile-Of-Loot-like feature called Private Warehouse that they started in 2012, which means you can combine shipping within sixty days of the first item coming into stock. HLJ has a lot more competition than it did a decade ago, but it's still a great option when they have what you want and unlike some other outlets, they never 'scalp' popular items - you'll always pay the right price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If you really want the item, go with another supplier. "4 to 6 weeks" is HobbyLinkJapanese for "I don't know." I've had items that were restocking in "4 to 6 weeks" that still hadn't restocked when I gave up and cancelled the order half a decade later. Amusingly, I remember one time they had an item that was solicited but cancelled and thus never ever actually produced sitting on the site for years saying it "Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks".
    Yep. And of the Japan based exporters, only HLJ and Hobby Search will actually help you out if a problem occurs. The rest (Amiami, Anime-Export, Nippon-Yasan...) basically won't want to know.
    Which brings us to where we are today...