Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

After MP Dinobot, I'm folding with HLJ. My collecting has slowed down immensely. It's time to concentrate on filling the gaps and picking up the odd MP and a figure or two from new ranges.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The only good point about hlj is that they don’t really increase the prices once items are in stock unlike a few stores like Nippon Yasaburo will do as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Apparently Japan Post has had to increase their cost shipping due to a sudden surge in demand from the rise in popularity of online shopping.
    https://www.nippon.com/en/behind/l10...rs-(news).html
    https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Bus...warts-struggle
    This explains the hike in SAL service prices I noticed over the last few months. Ever since I got sprung 2700yen to ship a single doujinshi I don't even consider it over EMS anymore.

Ouch, $45 to ship four items via EMS. I was tempted to ship via SAL but I really hate not having a tracking number.

Huh... so I was charged for MP Hound and I put my card deets in for payment, and usually straight after that the toy is processed for shipping. Several hours later I discover that the toy hasn't shipped but is sitting in something called a "Private Warehouse."

So um... I had to click on an "Add" button and then chose my shipping option and paid for that. So... I think (hope) that MP Hound will ship soon? This is all highly confusing. I'm sure it makes more sense to people who are more frequently online shoppers, but this is doing my head in.

Huh... so I was charged for MP Hound and I put my card deets in for payment, and usually straight after that the toy is processed for shipping. Several hours later I discover that the toy hasn't shipped but is sitting in something called a "Private Warehouse."

So um... I had to click on an "Add" button and then chose my shipping option and paid for that. So... I think (hope) that MP Hound will ship soon? This is all highly confusing. I'm sure it makes more sense to people who are more frequently online shoppers, but this is doing my head in.
    HLJ's Private Warehouse is an option that lets you delay shipping on multiple purchases for up to two months to save on combined shipping. HLJ will email you a shipping notification when your item ships.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I got this too. I promptly went and shipped him. No biggie here.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Just wondering how expensive shipping tends to be?
    I’m looking at ordering something from HLJ as it’s heaps cheaper than from an australian store (which is a first) but if shippings going to be something stupid I won’t bother.

To clarify I can’t get a shipping estimate as it’s a preorder

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

If the item is an HLJ pre-order, perhaps find something on the site that you think will be a similar size and weight boxed. If it (ie the similar item) is in stock, you can put it into the cart and check the shipping cost. But there is no definite way to find out. If it's a one-off item it becomes more difficult to predict. They also have a rule where if the item exceeds JPY 15,000 then it must be shipped via EMS (more expensive). Remember to factor in possible fluctuations in exchange rate (worse when AUD goes down, of course) and the GST on both the product and shipping.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    I’m looking at ordering something from HLJ as it’s heaps cheaper than from an australian store (which is a first) but if shippings going to be something stupid I won’t bother.

Best way to find out is find out the item's weight and check japan's postal rates, hlj is best used when bulk buying because of the private warehouse system which holds things for 2 months