Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) feedback

I ordered MP Road Rage in September and the cost to ship her here was 730 yen (about $11 with today's terrible exchange rate). Same for three QTF Arcees.

A Drive Head box that was probably about the equivalent of two Voyagers shipped for 1380- yen ($20 now).

$11? Considering you wouldn't be able to post it within Australia for less than $15, that's pretty good for international shipping.
    In other words, if someone is wondering about shipping from HLJ, unless it is a huge heavy item, the postage amount should be pretty reasonable (and often gives me 3-4 options).

Anybody had issues with shipments being returned? I shipped MP-48 out before flights got shutdown, but it still got returned (presumably there was a large enough queue they couldn't get it out). Tracking shows it got back to HLJ 3 days ago and I've heard nothing.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    Anybody had issues with shipments being returned? I shipped MP-48 out before flights got shutdown, but it still got returned (presumably there was a large enough queue they couldn't get it out). Tracking shows it got back to HLJ 3 days ago and I've heard nothing.
    What shipping service did you use, ems, fed ex, dhl or SAL?

Guessing it might have gotten caught, case of act before announcement or just a big old line (I'm concerned myself as I got a pre-order due and want to know what will get it out of Japan :S)

They have had to cut back all but Dhl shipping options. But because of this, they have stopped the 60 day limit on the warehouse.

Just email their support... they are amazing and will get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    They have had to cut back all but Dhl shipping options. But because of this, they have stopped the 60 day limit on the warehouse.

Just email their support... they are amazing and will get back to you
    But would dhl still be able to enter the country if I decided I wanted what I wanted now or best ask them to hold a bit longer?

Don't mind the extra, just the security is nice

I sent it through EMS just before Japan post stopped sending to Australia, so it got returned to HLJ. The tracking showed it arrived 4 days ago, but it hasn't gone back to the private warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    But would dhl still be able to enter the country if I decided I wanted what I wanted now or best ask them to hold a bit longer?

Don't mind the extra, just the security is nice
    I've had DHL coming in from Taiwan.... so japan should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I've had DHL coming in from Taiwan.... so japan should be fine
    DHL are expecting it to take 10 days from Japan to AU though. Services have slowed down significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    DHL are expecting it to take 10 days from Japan to AU though. Services have slowed down significantly.
    Even so least you KNOW it'll come unlike other services right now