Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    That's good advice to contact Takara directly. I will try searching for their contact details, unless you have them handy?

Yeh I know they will cancel the account. I don't have any other outstanding orders beyond Hound thankfully.

The Bumblebee order would have to be a chargeback through my bank since it's beyond the PayPal window. Part of me doesn't mind disputing the Hound with PayPal since it has all these issues anyway. If I cancelled it I could reorder one copy to open and order the 2nd to keep MISB once a reissue comes out that hopefully fixes the problems.
    I believe Goki, myself have an TT account with them directly and maybe a handful of members. I normally communicate with their contact through using some basic Japanese and attaching pictures show what is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I believe Goki, myself have an TT account with them directly and maybe a handful of members. I normally communicate with their contact through using some basic Japanese and attaching pictures show what is wrong.
    I have a Takara Tomy Mall account, is that what you have? I found this contact form on the Takara Tomy Mall site, is this what you use?

https://inquiry.takaratomy.co.jp/csc/

Thanks mate

I have a Takara Tomy Mall account, is that what you have? I found this contact form on the Takara Tomy Mall site, is this what you use?

https://inquiry.takaratomy.co.jp/csc/

Thanks mate
    Yes that should be correct, just be prepared to fork out expenses for parts to ship to yourself as required. They can possibly send to a Tenso address for free.

Yes that should be correct, just be prepared to fork out expenses for parts to ship to yourself as required. They can possibly send to a Tenso address for free.
    Thanks. The problem is I need to remove a pin using a soldering iron which I've never done. If that's my only choice then I'll guess I'll take it but my preference is a replacement.

Thanks. The problem is I need to remove a pin using a soldering iron which I've never done. If that's my only choice then I'll guess I'll take it but my preference is a replacement.
    Yeah email them first to ask, and even say you can send the faulty one to them if you so decide.

Sounds like my Ramjet but I lived with it.

NY isn't great with such issues, in fact I say is horrible.
    This is where places such as Hobbysearch, Amami and HLJ are better. Ohmyprimus is pretty decent.
    I wouldn't recommend OCTA's pick for retailer of the year either but is up to members to go by experience. (I didn't vote nor can be bothered complete an entire survey. I remembered PC was recommended back in the days as well, looks like a Full complete replication of issues lol)

Sorry to hear about your issues with NY. thats sucks and I think their service dropped considerably.

Yeah email them first to ask, and even say you can send the faulty one to them if you so decide.

Sounds like my Ramjet but I lived with it.

NY isn't great with such issues, in fact I say is horrible.
    This is where places such as Hobbysearch, Amami and HLJ are better. Ohmyprimus is pretty decent.
    I wouldn't recommend OCTA's pick for retailer of the year either but is up to members to go by experience. (I didn't vote nor can be bothered complete an entire survey. I remembered PC was recommended back in the days as well, looks like a Full complete replication of issues lol)

Sorry to hear about your issues with NY. thats sucks and I think their service dropped considerably.
    Here is the issue. On the left of the photo below you can see the part is faulty, the leg is all crooked because they've tried to jam it in. It needs to be fixed as per the right. I could use a heat gun or hair dryer to bend the plastic. Or get the replacement part from Takara.

It should look like the other leg.

This is the pin I need to remove to replace the faulty part.

I'm concerned even if I remove the pin the leg will still end up crooked after making the fix given how the pin has gone in at an angle in to make it work.

Thanks again for your help. And you've always been transparent that if things go wrong you can have issues with NY getting things replaced. Fortunately this is my first major QC issue in 6 years ordering.

My NY hound is still in preparation. Won't be using them again, I will go back to anime export or ohmyprimus.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    My NY hound is still in preparation. Won't be using them again, I will go back to anime export or ohmyprimus.
    yup, they dont use to be like this, is only recently I find them so slow.

NY have now stopped replying to Facebook comments. I have a bad feeling about them now.

So yesterday I put in a PayPal dispute for my Hound/BA order and PayPal has already awarded me the refund. I suggest those waiting to also consider putting in disputes and reorder elsewhere.

Also put in a chargeback for the faulty Bumblebee. Pretty confident I'll get a good outcome on this too.

In the meantime it only took me 24 hours to receive two replies directly from Takara Tomy, so NY were obviously doing f all. This was using the Google Japanese translator. While they initially weren't going to help me because I wasn't based in Japan they became more receptive when I said I could have the spare part posted to a Japanese forwarding address. However, their security filters are blocking my attachments that show the faulty piece and so they said I could mail in the item and they would either repair it or replace. It's worth knowing they may be able to help others in future like drifand said but for now I'll stick with the chargeback. If it goes through I'll probably be able to keep the figure and will attempt repairs with no downside if it fails.
    Last edited by DaptoDog; 31st January 2020 at 03:06 PM.

Friends MP hound was finally shipped.