Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    My biggest issue was it wasnt packed properly. If the box was filled with packing peanuts like it shows they do on the website the damage might have been mitigated.

Mine had two sheets of paper and 1 sheet of bubblee wrap around around the mp itself. It was basically loose inside the box.

For small MP's they have snug boxes but not for bigger ones.
    no different from mine. I only suggest if you need Mint box, buy from another company. HLJ or others will be better. $165 and under for Magnus delivered, can't complain for me.

An update that ny don't actually accept cancelations so beware.
    Although I managed to reason myself out as stating I don't mind a store credit, be careful when you purchase.

The policy has changed, they used to cancel items with no issues.

Again not that they are bad, just be careful

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I dont see their big issue with cancellations. At the price they do pre-orders for, they'll sell the extra stock within days. Things like that would hurt their business more than anything. That and crappy customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    I dont see their big issue with cancellations. At the price they do pre-orders for, they'll sell the extra stock within days. Things like that would hurt their business more than anything. That and crappy customer service.
    Is not for me to debate though I do support cancelations within reason as I never do cancel that frequently at all .

As I have purchased multiple items from the store credit is still acceptable for me. That's better than sorry mate we don't refund at all.
    Now I am trying to ask them to give the store credit to a pre ordered item I ordered. Hopefully they accept that.

My two G2 Masterpiece Bumblebees arrived safe and sound. Another great transaction with NY

Can anyone explain to me why when I choose to pay by credit card that the total is converted to EURO when you buy in YEN?
    Not only that the total is not even right in EURO. It's more then what it is suppose to be. 31390 YEN is NOT 232 EURO but 227 EURO.

I find this really stupid and of course their really no help when asking.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why when I choose to pay by credit card that the total is converted to EURO when you buy in YEN?
    Not only that the total is not even right in EURO. It's more then what it is suppose to be. 31390 YEN is NOT 232 EURO but 227 EURO.

I find this really stupid and of course their really no help when asking.
    Not sure why your browser is defaulted to Euros, but at the top of the screen there's a maroon bar that says "LANGUAGE - CURRENCY", for you to set each value respectively.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Not sure why your browser is defaulted to Euros, but at the top of the screen there's a maroon bar that says "LANGUAGE - CURRENCY", for you to set each value respectively.
    It's not the display on the page/browser option, it's the actual payment. I found it wierd the first time I ordered too but I think it does say that somewhere in their info. At the time it worked out a few dollars cheaper for me for 2 gundam kits but now I think it's the opposite.

Edit- just confirmed 'USD, EURO, GBP, CHF' which yeah is a bit misleading when everything defaults to JPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    It's not the display on the page/browser option, it's the actual payment. I found it wierd the first time I ordered too but I think it does say that somewhere in their info. At the time it worked out a few dollars cheaper for me for 2 gundam kits but now I think it's the opposite.

Edit- just confirmed 'USD, EURO, GBP, CHF' which yeah is a bit misleading when everything defaults to JPY.
    I always pay using PayPal. When you make the payment it specifies it's in Yen.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I always pay using PayPal. When you make the payment it specifies it's in Yen.
    Yeah I'll be using paypal in the future, I'm sure I did thhe maths and at the time diidnt mind using credit card (which isnt/cant be yen), but with the euro stronger against the usd (I think?) and aud ok against yen then paypal will be the choice.

As for feedback, I've 2 orders, one by SAL one by airmail express, they both arrived very quickly compared to their estimations, however the tracking numbers were useless once they left Osaka international. The smaller express package was crushed a bit though during shipping, but the larger one was very well packaged and happy overall with both. Will be preordering something else within the next week (unless I get ripped off by another site, which has further pushed me towards paypal only in the future).