Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    It's not the display on the page/browser option, it's the actual payment. I found it wierd the first time I ordered too but I think it does say that somewhere in their info. At the time it worked out a few dollars cheaper for me for 2 gundam kits but now I think it's the opposite.

Edit- just confirmed 'USD, EURO, GBP, CHF' which yeah is a bit misleading when everything defaults to JPY.
    Is it really in their info? I find it very strange that it will convert it to EURO when paying by credit card. It's almost as if they are taking more then what the actual cost is.
    If you convert the final yen price into euro their euro price is more.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    Is it really in their info? I find it very strange that it will convert it to EURO when paying by credit card. It's almost as if they are taking more then what the actual cost is.
    If you convert the final yen price into euro their euro price is more.
    keep in mind that most places that do any sort of conversion of currencies take a 2.5 to 4% cut on the exchange rate. This might be related to their credit transaction provider.

I use my credit card through paypal so I get the exact exchange rate, no cream is skimmed.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    keep in mind that most places that do any sort of conversion of currencies take a 2.5 to 4% cut on the exchange rate. This might be related to their credit transaction provider.

I use my credit card through paypal so I get the exact exchange rate, no cream is skimmed.
    Yep I do it exactly the same way, still the get the credit card rewards points and get the credit card company to do the conversion.

That makes sense. Just find it frustrating.
    Thanks for the info guys. I'll be using PayPal then.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They used to have a normal credit card service but is now run third party making paypal to be an okay choice.

To clarify further, I make sure the charge is in Yen or whatever as the paypal default is AU$ and their exchange rate is atrocious. That way the exchange happens at my bank level which is at the official exchange rate on that card.

you can only do this using a credit card, paypal wont allow a similar thing with direct bank transfer, they force the transaction to be AU$ so they can skim the exchange rate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    To clarify further, I make sure the charge is in Yen or whatever as the paypal default is AU$ and their exchange rate is atrocious. That way the exchange happens at my bank level which is at the official exchange rate on that card.

you can only do this using a credit card, paypal wont allow a similar thing with direct bank transfer, they force the transaction to be AU$ so they can skim the exchange rate.
    Yep, exactly.

Just use Paypal and be done with it, the other options for paying are not worth it. No I am not a fan of Paypal but for this store that's the best choice

More new payment options with currency conversion. Do not use Aussie dollar you are better off paying in jpy by Paypal with $2 savings

Just applied their so called dp discount power and is really nothing honestly, 3% off next purchase. Other Japanese online store seem to fair better when comparing discounts and points scheme.

NY is my backup place to go to. I am finding them greedy as a business model.
    As they charge people cheap to lure customers in and then increase the price very quickly when demand is high and make you pat as much as 5,000 jpy more if you are desperate. And when the item is release and nobody seem to be buying they drop their prices under the first price listed. So much for loyalty.

Praises are for different payment options although you will figure out that Paypal is still cheapest.
    Praises again for Pay anytime you like for most items on pre-order. Meaning you can pay off when Aussie dollar is good.

Poor on no cancel policy, sadly that's their business model.

praises on different shipping options, hands down by far they have the most variety to cater everyone.