Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Paypal says return item for full refund, but note the item has increased in price hence the downside.

Yes it is possible to claim on returns. Note this is paypal service nothing to do with NY.

I guess because this item I am better off buying a similar figure and get a replacement wing at a cheaper price rather than going through this entire process.

So be prepared for not very good service from them.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That sucks

Has Paypal stopped paying for return shipping fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    That sucks

Has Paypal stopped paying for return shipping fees?
    It has not, but this item is not available anywhere else either so too bad.
    I am not pissed off just disappointed slightly as I can repair the toy.

Update

I requested a store credit of 1,000 jpy and they agreed.

I think they realised how much items I have ordered and do deserve some credits.

NY was quoted a larger box size for Tracks initially and so when I pre ordered 2 I had to pay ¥6,800 for EMS shipping. Now that tracks is available on their website the cost of sending 2 in stock by EMS is ¥5,400. This still seems quite high but is still a fair bit below what I paid so I have requested a refund or store credit for the difference. I will update the post when I receive a response next week.

Otherwise I was again very happy with my purchase and am especially grateful for the care once again taken in packaging the items for shipping.

I dunno about care, it looks pretty standard from all Japan online stores.
    I bought from amiami and hlj and hobbysearch as well as Ny. They are pretty much okay. I had a dented Magnus once but I don't mind it, pretty sure you be unhappy as you collect misb.

I am still waiting for the store credit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    NY was quoted a larger box size for Tracks initially and so when I pre ordered 2 I had to pay ¥6,800 for EMS shipping. Now that tracks is available on their website the cost of sending 2 in stock by EMS is ¥5,400. This still seems quite high but is still a fair bit below what I paid so I have requested a refund or store credit for the difference. I will update the post when I receive a response next week.

Otherwise I was again very happy with my purchase and am especially grateful for the care once again taken in packaging the items for shipping.
    This is my response from NY today on the overcharging of shipping for Tracks. Very underwhelming response. I will now not pre-pay future orders too far in advance when the shipping looks like it might be subject to future revision. Considering the amount of business I have given them I thought I had made a reasonable request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Hello

Thank you for your message

When the pre order started We receive the dimension of the box and at that time
    We receive a size that was close to a big product from the maker

which seems to have change in between without our knowledge

Unfortunately from what we have been told by our services there won't be refund of the difference

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.Com"

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I dunno about care, it looks pretty standard from all Japan online stores.
    I bought from amiami and hlj and hobbysearch as well as Ny. They are pretty much okay. I had a dented Magnus once but I don't mind it, pretty sure you be unhappy as you collect misb.

I am still waiting for the store credit.
    When I first got serious about importing Takara figures last year I had a really good email exchange with HLJ. They said they don't always bubble wrap and advised if I was collecting MISB that I may be disappointed occasionally when I receive a package from them. I really respected them for being upfront like that.

Anyways I've only ordered from NY amongst the Japanese retailers but it's good to know there are other good alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    When I first got serious about importing Takara figures last year I had a really good email exchange with HLJ. They said they don't always bubble wrap and advised if I was collecting MISB that I may be disappointed occasionally when I receive a package from them. I really respected them for being upfront like that.

Anyways I've only ordered from NY amongst the Japanese retailers but it's good to know there are other good alternatives
    yeah but you know is bs about that shipping services don't refund right?
    They obviously are just putting it into their pockets.

I have an item which they had to increase price of shipping because the size was wrong. So? I still paid extra so this is bs if you ask me.

NY don't always bubble wrap either, I am buying from them because they are cheapest, but service wise is been not too great.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    yeah but you know is bs about that shipping services don't refund right?
    They obviously are just putting it into their pockets.

I have an item which they had to increase price of shipping because the size was wrong. So? I still paid extra so this is bs if you ask me.

NY don't always bubble wrap either, I am buying from them because they are cheapest, but service wise is been not too great.
    Absolutely this error has been in their favour and gone straight to their bottom line. I've made it clear to them in my response that my loyalty has not been acknowledged in this instance so will diversify where I order from in Japan.

All packages I've received so far have had both bubblewrap and extra cardboard or paper inside the package (which have been of various sizes).