Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wreckers : Prime~

Default The Wreckers : Prime~

So I'm looking to complete a set of the wreckers from Transformers Prime. And I'm well on my way into getting them. How ever I'd love some help on a couple of things, not necessarily looking to buy this very second, but you'll see what I mean

So the team I've put together so far is:

Ultra Magnus - I've used the Beast Hunters Prime Mold, but given him Mags gun from his RID version. He fits in well and the gun sits nicely in his hand, as him being the centerpiece of the wreckers. I've got the RID Mag, but he fits nicer in the prime team than Wreckers imo.

Springer - Generations Springer, enough said for him. Fantastic figure.

Bulkhead - I currently have a RID Bulkhead I'm using, but I'm thinking of hunting down a FE Bulkhead. What price should I be looking at for one of these guys, and what would be the best place to get one?

Wheeljack - At the moment I have a Generations Wheeljack in place, but he doesn't really fit well. I have a Prime Wheeljack and am thinking of grabbing another one to replace him, as he does look a lot nicer, and those swords! I'm hoping I can grab one of him cheap on ebay soon.

Seaspray - I'm using a Hunt for Decepticons version of him, and well he fits in really nice. Love this figure.

Pyro/Spark - The only version I'm considering for this guy would be the Botcon Redux 2010 version? Downside is I don't want to pay upwards of $300 for the set. And I can't seem to ever find him separate, and more to the point don't know the value of the figure alone. So if someone could point me in the right direction for him.

Ruination - I have an incoming Ruination (Bruticas) set with the BEK-01 Darkforce kit. Not sure if I'll display them separate or joined. Guess we'll see how good he looks when I get him. So that covers Impactor, Roadbuster, Whirl, Twintwist and Topspin for me.

Rotorstorm - Not a clue what to do for this guy but wait I guess. As I don't want any customs inside the team and can't find any Rotorstorm figure apart from 1992 version. Which wont fit in at all.

So I guess I'd love to see some thoughts, and what I should do about Bulkhead, Pyro/Spark and possibly Rotorstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Bulkhead - I currently have a RID Bulkhead I'm using, but I'm thinking of hunting down a FE Bulkhead. What price should I be looking at for one of these guys, and what would be the best place to get one?
    I cant express in words how much better the FE Bulkhead is than the RID version, you can also pick up the storm hammer upgrade, which also comes apart to reveal his arm guns!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
    I cant express in words how much better the FE Bulkhead is than the RID version, you can also pick up the storm hammer upgrade, which also comes apart to reveal his arm guns!
    If this is what you're referring to, wow, just wow. If that is what you are referring too, I think I might have to invest in a Beast Hunters Wheeljack, I think they might match really well!

So I'm looking to complete a set of the wreckers from Transformers Prime. And I'm well on my way into getting them. How ever I'd love some help on a couple of things, not necessarily looking to buy this very second, but you'll see what I mean

So the team I've put together so far is:

Ultra Magnus - I've used the Beast Hunters Prime Mold, but given him Mags gun from his RID version. He fits in well and the gun sits nicely in his hand, as him being the centerpiece of the wreckers. I've got the RID Mag, but he fits nicer in the prime team than Wreckers imo.

Springer - Generations Springer, enough said for him. Fantastic figure.

Wheeljack - At the moment I have a Generations Wheeljack in place, but he doesn't really fit well. I have a Prime Wheeljack and am thinking of grabbing another one to replace him, as he does look a lot nicer, and those swords! I'm hoping I can grab one of him cheap on ebay soon.

Seaspray - I'm using a Hunt for Decepticons version of him, and well he fits in really nice. Love this figure.

Pyro/Spark - The only version I'm considering for this guy would be the Botcon Redux 2010 version? Downside is I don't want to pay upwards of $300 for the set. And I can't seem to ever find him separate, and more to the point don't know the value of the figure alone. So if someone could point me in the right direction for him.

Ruination - I have an incoming Ruination (Bruticas) set with the BEK-01 Darkforce kit. Not sure if I'll display them separate or joined. Guess we'll see how good he looks when I get him. So that covers Impactor, Roadbuster, Whirl, Twintwist and Topspin for me.

Rotorstorm - Not a clue what to do for this guy but wait I guess. As I don't want any customs inside the team and can't find any Rotorstorm figure apart from 1992 version. Which wont fit in at all.

So I guess I'd love to see some thoughts, and what I should do about Bulkhead, Pyro/Spark and possibly Rotorstorm.

Can't wait to see the photo of that group - will look awesome!

Still lament to this day I saw Pyro for $15 in a shop once and never picked him up. For Rotorstorm, maybe you could redo Generations Whirl's head?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Can't wait to see the photo of that group - will look awesome!

Still lament to this day I saw Pyro for $15 in a shop once and never picked him up. For Rotorstorm, maybe you could redo Generations Whirl's head?
    Ouch, I would of happily taken a Pyro for $15 in a heart beat, I would of gone without a weeks food. I mean, yeah I changed up my RID Magnus a bit and made him the new centerpiece. And randomly just went to big w and found another RID Bulkhead for $20! I was stoked, saves me getting a FE and Hammer for now. Your idea for whirl is a great one, in fact I could probably just use him in general to replace Rotorstorm for him. However, if I was going to put a new head on it, any ideas?

You should be able to find a Universe Whirl or Machine Wars Sandstorm for cheap - the same mould as Rotorstorm for a fraction of the price. You should probably get Prime Kup and Hot Shot too if you don't have them. And a TFCC Fisitron.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You should be able to find a Universe Whirl or Machine Wars Sandstorm for cheap - the same mould as Rotorstorm for a fraction of the price. You should probably get Prime Kup and Hot Shot too if you don't have them. And a TFCC Fisitron.
    I was about to buy a Prime Kup not two days ago, but ended up stopping myself from splurging to much. I thought in the current Gen (correct me if I'm wrong). That Kup wasn't a wrecker anymore? As for Hot Shot I have him, but he's not an official wrecker is he? All I could find on him was "He is named "Rodimus" in the non-canon short story written by Alex Irvine, and is also said to be a Wrecker. The latter of which, at least, was later canonized by the BotCon 2013 script reading.". And tfwiki gave me a good laugh about Fisitron, a "Wreckers Fanboy". Looks like I might have to get him and design a flag for him to hold on the sidelines

Thanks a bunch for the info on the molds

I was about to buy a Prime Kup not two days ago, but ended up stopping myself from splurging to much. I thought in the current Gen (correct me if I'm wrong). That Kup wasn't a wrecker anymore?
    Well... Kup's a Prime Wrecker in the same way as Hot Shot, so it's your call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxgN5GZuwI

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Well... Kup's a Prime Wrecker in the same way as Hot Shot, so it's your call: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxgN5GZuwI
    I'll watch that a bit after, in fact might rip it in HD and sit down tomorrow with dinner with it haha. I originally had Generations Kup in the mix, but he just looked horrible next to some of these figures (and I was a little unsure about him). Not that I hate the figure, he just didn't fit. I think I'll have to track him down now, as he's pretty cheap at the moment. I grabbed Hot Shot out from behind 101 other guys, knocking many down in the process. And after re-looking at the figure and finding out that those eyebrows aren't his eyes, he's grown on me. I'll most definitely get into the video to see the talk about him.

Thanks so much for your input and knowledge. It's been a great help

If this is what you're referring to, wow, just wow. If that is what you are referring too, I think I might have to invest in a Beast Hunters Wheeljack, I think they might match really well!
    That's the one, it's pretty awesome. You can also get an upgrade for jackie which looks pretty good and comes with a little grenade.