Thread: Licensed Movie merchandise

Default Licensed Movie merchandise

Some official images of the Carrera Trackset.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some official images of the Carrera Trackset.
    Anyone know how much Carrera's sets cost from Australian dealers? I see on Carrera's site there are a hand full in Australia. I'd love to get this just to have a Lamborghini Aventador slot car.

What scale is this, Aurora AFX or Scalelectrix?

Ha! I just saw the TMNT set from Carrera Go!!! at Toyworld the other day. From memory it was somewhere between $100 and $150.
    Interesting how the transformer brand has decided to go with this brand (I had never heard of until recently) over the more well known Scalextric brand that brought us the BB vs Barricade set a few years ago. From what I saw the track in the Carrera set is definitely not compatible with the Scalextric track as it looked wider and had its own unique connectors. The turtle cars looked to be only a few inches long so I'm assuming the transformers version will be the same size. The Sales guy was also rambling on about how the Carrera set was digital too, meaning regardless which track you end up on you can still control your car. I wonder if they'll make the cars transformable like the previous set

With slot cars, there are generally 2 scales that dominate. They are 1:32 & 1:43.
    1:32 is more a serious racing scale (I have one of these, and its quite impressive) and 1:43 is mostly the gimmicky stuff.

A Hasbro licensed merchandise catalogue has been shown off from the Nuremberg (Germany) International Toyfair that's on this weekend.

Most of the items have been seen already, and the writing is in German, so very little news... but still worth mentioning.

Official promo images of some of the Nikko Remote Controlled vehicles, which we saw some glimpses of at the UK Toyfair.

There are four characters, with two being convertible with a push of the button on the controller.

• Transformers: Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime (Transforming)
    • Transformers: Age Of Extinction Bumblebee (Transforming)
    • Transformers: Age Of Extinction Bumblebee (Non-Transforming)
    • Transformers: Age Of Extinction Lockdown (Non-Transforming)
    • Transformers: Age Of Extinction "Helicopter" (Non-Transforming)
    The name of the helicopter was withheld by Nikko... and Lockdown wasn't shown either (probably for spoiler reasons).

From an ebay auction comes a pre-production prototype of something that is said to only be a costume accessory (it may not even be produced by Hasbro)... or a roleplay toy, as the packaging says that the finished item will have electronics.

The funny thing I noticed - the person who did up the box mock-up, put English phrases on the side of the box, and just added "French" and "Spanish" for someone else later to translate the English for them.

More Movie merchandise... and I'd expect most of it will end up here, as it is similar to stuff we've seen here with the previous movies.

Wall to wall Bumblebee and Optimus though... with a few Grimlocks thrown in.