Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Dark Spark - Video Game (USA-24/6 - AUS-26/6)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I think the game is mirroring the movie quite a bit since this clip shows Grimlock on a bridge transforming and the one movie trailer that has actually shown the Dinobots transforming is also set on a bridge
    Ah, good point

I was beginning to get worried that we could only play in the Prime universe in the multiplayer as they have only been showing Movieverse things in the trailers. Good to see some Prime universe stuff in the Cullen trailer.

A question for anyone that has read The Covenant of Primus. Is the Dark Spark covered in the book and therefore canon or is it something Activision came up with for the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I was beginning to get worried that we could only play in the Prime universe in the multiplayer as they have only been showing Movieverse things in the trailers. Good to see some Prime universe stuff in the Cullen trailer.

A question for anyone that has read The Covenant of Primus. Is the Dark Spark covered in the book and therefore canon or is it something Activision came up with for the game?
    No, there is no Dark Spark in the Covenant. They do go on about dark energon being 'The Blood of Unicron' since that ties into War for Cybertron and TFPrime but no dark spark is mentioned if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    No, there is no Dark Spark in the Covenant. They do go on about dark energon being 'The Blood of Unicron' since that ties into War for Cybertron and TFPrime but no dark spark is mentioned if memory serves.
    OK, trust Activision to do something non-canonicle.

Just went to install ROTDS on Xbox One. It requires a day one patch of around 9gb. As someone that follows games I know thats not a good sign. That big of a patch means it probably doesn't have all the content on the disk. Also probably means it barely passed cert in time to make launch. Normally as a publisher you would delay a game instead of needing such a massive patch on day one, but if it's a movie tie in you can't normally move a launch date without getting hit with fine thats written into the contract.

I'm not holding high hopes for this game. Do we know if it has a multiplayer mode other than escalation? And is escalation co-op, as in split screen?

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    I'm not holding high hopes for this game. Do we know if it has a multiplayer mode other than escalation? And is escalation co-op, as in split screen?
    I'll have a look when it finishes installing, I'm at 26%.

Picked up the ps3 version today with the weathered warriors dlc...... Except it won't let me redeem my code. I called eb games and tried another 2 codes and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem??

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    Escalation in FoC was a 4 player co-op mode where you fight off waves of enemies. I never checked but I'm pretty sure it isn't split screen.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    Picked up the ps3 version today with the weathered warriors dlc...... Except it won't let me redeem my code. I called eb games and tried another 2 codes and still nothing. Has anyone else had this problem??
    yes i have the same problem its possible it will be up later .