Thread: Hasbro Toy Fair event: pictures of upcoming toys (including Movie Spoilers)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hasbro Toy Fair event: pictures of upcoming toys (including Movie Spoilers)

Both Seibertron and TFW (2) (3) have pictures up of Hasbro's Transformers display at Toy Fair. Included are many AOE toys (both simple and Generations) as well as Generations IDW G1 toys. Construct Bots and Kre-o both make a return. Also a MP Grimlock in Hasbro packaging is shown with Japanese writing and labeled as MP-03.

Rescue Bots gallery up now at Seibertron.

CollectionDX has videos of the upcoming Rescue Bots and Construct Bots & Kre-o on their YouTube Channel.
    Last edited by DELTAprime; 16th February 2014 at 05:30 PM.

Those Aoe deluxe toys look terrible, Generations Voyagers are amazing the deluxes are okay but the real prize for me is MP Grimlock.

Evasion mode AoE Optimus Prime has a G1 truck mode which is interesting but for me the real winner is Roadbuster !

And just saw MP Grimlock! This will be great for anyone still wanting one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    for me the real winner is Roadbuster !
    +1 Definitely the toy that caught my attention most

Look at all the stuff that won't make it here :-\

73 "Collector" figures for 2014 ... products that are fan focused.
    and
    7 more "classified" figures coming down the pipes later.
    One more BW toy, come on! And a Pred, to even it up!

I can remember soaking in the joy-filled pictures from last year's event, with the first glimpses of Generations Rhinox. No joy for me personally in this year's pics, but nice to see Tailgate getting a toy.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Um... excitement for Masterpiece Grimlock... did I accidentally click on a link to Toy Fair 2008?

For me, the best news is that Reflector and Gears might actually be released, as they're HasTakTom's two most neglected GeeWun Transformers. Roadbuster is a great homage to the original toy, and is perfectly in tune with Voyager Whirl. Sky-Byte is unfortunately a failure. Of the movie toys, only the dinosaurs from Deluxe-size up look good, and I love that they look like knights in robot mode. Slug and the spinosaurus look awesome. Kreon Punch is cute.

Masterpiece Grimlock looks nice, especially the box. Roadbuster and Sky-Byte look nicely done, especially Roadbuster, but I have yet to see them in any fiction I've read or seen, so pass for me for now. Rattrap has really taken my interest, as has Jetfire, who is beautiful. The others are okay, not really in my interest but good looking toys nonetheless. Gears looks nice, but like some of the other toys there, I'd like to see them with a properly done paintjob, as they look pretty unfinished. Good to see Swerve, Cosmos, Tailgate (with packaging ) and Skrapnel. Will get Gears and maybe Acid Storm.

AOE stuff, can't say much, with not all that much Generations stuff being revealed yet for it. The simplified stuff is meh for me, as it should be.

Overall, pretty good, but not as enticing as last year. (Blitzwing, Springer, Metroplex, IDW Deluxes- can't beat all that)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    the dinosaurs from Deluxe-size up look good, and I love that they look like knights in robot mode.
    The best thing is that because of their 'helmets' they don't suffer from movie-face and actually look like they could be from one of the aesthetically-pleasing Bayless Transformers franchises.