Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark - Trailer Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

Exclamation Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark - Trailer Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark - Trailer Discussion *Spoilers*

This may contain spoilers, or things you don't want to know. Read at your own risk.

If I need to change anything I've done, please let me know. As this is screenshot heavy from the trailer off of IGNs youtube. Approximatly just under 2MB worth of images in the first post. And if I name a character incorrectly or don't know one. I apologize, and please feel free to correct a mistake.

So I know some of you probably aren't to excited for the game, or don't have high hopes due to previous ones. But I myself am pretty excited. I was a big fan of War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. I've lost count of the number of play throughs I've done and fun I've had. I played a large amount of multiplayer as well, mainly in FOC. But due to the hackers that came about in that community. It lost the fun in it. Regardless if you could still beat them, which was possible most of the time. It was just a pain in the ass.

For those of you who are new to the video games of this current age and generation, or simply feel like watching them as a movie instead of having to play for hours on end. I suggest you take a look at these.

War For Cybertron as a movie
    Fall Of Cybertron as a movie

The above URLS contain both games, decently well done with all cut-scenes and required gameplay, to watch as a form of action movie. They should cover everything you need to know, if you don't own or want to play them yourself.

The original two games were Developed by High Moon Studios, which I was a big fan of. But I guess they don't get to bake the cake this time as Activision has thrown it off to Edge of Reality. I don't know a lot about these guys, even with a form of video game development background (once upon a time). They're not someone I commonly hear of. So I'll have to delve into some better research of them.

Onto the goodies.

For every force in the universe, there is an equal and an opposite.
    For every Hero, a Villain.
    And for every victory... defeat.

Looks like we're going to get some gameplay on earth. I remember from the original first movie game, I loved the gameplay in the open cities. How you could roam around as Optimus and pretty much destroy everything in your path. Hopefully we get some destructible buildings!

And of course, Cybertron!

So by the looks of things we're getting 'the best of both worlds'. Or so to speak. It'll be interesting how the Movie characters integrate with the Cybertronian ones. Or if all the forms are simply just going to change when we arrive at earth. Guess we'll find out more in the upcoming trailers.

Looks like the old weapons will be making a return too, and on earth? With the first shot of an X12 or X18 Scrapmaker, it's been a while since I played. So I forget the exact model of what this is. This could be a good thing though, as in FoC we had up-gradable weapons, so if this holds true in this. We might see either the same or better development into what you can do with these cybertronian weapons.

Jetfire getting ready to bomb some poor sparks.

Shockwave and Soundwave in all their glory, ready to make their return to the little screen.

Looks like the insecticons are going to be making a return as well. And with the Dinobots in place, how could they not!

Up close of Age of Extinctions new Movie Prime. I must say, I wish they would just leave a faceplate on him. I love the whole Humanoid face thing they got going. But I really miss that faceplate. Guess when he does have it on though, you know sheets about to go down.

This image here, is pretty much the whole reason i'm starting this discussion. As from behind this image looks very much like Dinobot, which, how, what? It can't be can it? And if not him, then who?

Optimus stealing Sideswipes gun again, I mean using his Path Blaster.

Bit hard to tell who this is, if anyone special at all. Seeming as he pretty much gets king hit by Optimus.

Bee making sure everyone knows he is ready to rock out on earth with his scrapmaker. Just before rolling back out.

Swindles alt mode up close keeping it real and salvaging a mission as usual.

Jetfire lays some scrap and shows off his heavy weapons Thermo Rocket Cannon to the camera. Almost like he knows his on screen.

Two worlds, two versions of optimus stealing Sideswipes guns, this isn't on anymore.

Poor guy doesn't even have a weapon anymore. Damn you Optimus!

Sharpshot showing off his skills with an E.D.K. TechVolt (from memory).

One goal, watch Optimus Melee what looks like a typical Droneformer? to death. Nope, protect earth or destroy it. Shock horror. I don't mind the game coming to earth though. I just hope it's done well. Was a bit of a let down finding High Moon Studios wouldn't be heading a game down to earth. But you never know, these guys may do it better. Which I really hope they do. Especially after watching TFPrime and reading the Covenant of Primus. I have high hopes.

Last but not least, the King himself. I hope we get to see his FoC model in the game as well, and not just the movie version. I really fell in love with the FoC Dinobots, so hopefully they all make a return.

And thankfully, looks like we're all getting it! I didn't want to have to go out and buy a new console just to play this. Especially after picking up a PS3 just for GTAV with the delayed if not, canned PC release.

Either way I can't wait to see more on this subject. I'm a big fan of the games if you can't tell already and love my WFC/FOC Toy collection!
    Last edited by Mythirax; 18th February 2014 at 10:47 PM.

That's a very through look at the trailer! I didn't notice the mysterious Dinobot looking figure. Interesting. It also looks a little like BW Megatron. Either of which would be an odd inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That's a very through look at the trailer! I didn't notice the mysterious Dinobot looking figure. Interesting. It also looks a little like BW Megatron. Either of which would be an odd inclusion.
    Exactly, sadly it could just be a transformer without an alt mode yet. So no real design is done on him. But that spine is what makes me lean towards Dinobot.

I went to www.transformersgame.com

It's still featuring Fall of Cybertron.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I went to www.transformersgame.com

It's still featuring Fall of Cybertron.
    Shock horror aye

Was soundwave blue in the game? Is he now black?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    Was soundwave blue in the game? Is he now black?
    I think the image is just a bad angle, and he possibly has dirt/dust all over him. Either that or it's Soundblaster. However I do doubt it's him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Looks blue to me. The black shoulder looks like his shoulder joint under his shoulder pylon.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Looks blue to me. The black shoulder looks like his shoulder joint under his shoulder pylon.
    Indeed, plus as I said above. He looks pretty dirty.

Can't wait for this game...