Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-20 Wheeljack images and info

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Doubt we will get any repaints out of Wheeljack, he was never repainted or remoulded into other characters. There is Marlboro Wheeljack, but since tabaco advertising is band in civilised countries I can't see Takara putting it on a toy.
    He was repainted into Slicer. Often. (1991, 2010, 2012). And they don't need to keep the original product advertising on a toy - just look at Jazz, Smokescreen, etc. They could still remould the head and adjust colours. They released Marlboro Man Jack's colours as Hyperspeed Wheeljack a couple of years ago.

with regards to retools, the Sideswipe and Prowl molds all feature new heads for the other characters. So if Takara were going to - Malboor/Malboro Wheeljack would be a pretty good choice with the unique head.

As for Tobacco, there are reforms but they do heavily smoke over there and I still have to insist that the MP line is for adult collectors anyway and is simply too good to give to children

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    He was repainted into Slicer. Often. (1991, 2010, 2012). And they don't need to keep the original product advertising on a toy - just look at Jazz, Smokescreen, etc. They could still remould the head and adjust colours. They released Marlboro Man Jack's colours as Hyperspeed Wheeljack a couple of years ago.
    Often, try once and that was only his Action Master that got repainted not the real mold. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slicer

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Often, try once and that was only his Action Master that got repainted not the real mold. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slicer
    And, as I said, twice more in 2010 (Shattered Glass Wheeljack/Botcon Slicer) and 2012 (Dark Energon Wheeljack). This is the Masterpiece line, where they love to release black Optimus Primes, black Rodimus Primes and green seekers - they're not going to let an opportunity to reuse a mould go by. They haven't had the original Wheeljack mould since 1991, if they did we would have had E-Hobby Slicer and Marlboor years ago.

One Slicer toy as a straight redeco of Wheeljack (1991), one Slice(r) toy as a redeco of a toy (Downshift) that was allegedly supposed to be Wheeljack (2010), and a redeco Wheeljack toy that homages Slicer (2012).
    So in a way, you're both right... as there are three "Slicer" toys or homages, but only one that was a redeco named as Slicer of a toy named as Wheeljack.

Just give me a Marlboro Lancia now! Or at least a Reprolabel set, i'll settle for that

$20 says that we will see a Slicer repaint. We're getting G2 Sideswipe FFS
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    $20 says that we will see a Slicer repaint. We're getting G2 Sideswipe FFS
    True, I think I'd prefer an "unmarked" Marlboro version though.

Also, I think people have forgotten about the obvious deco reference on Transformers: Prime, Cyberverse (Legion Class) - "Hyperspeed" Wheeljack.

Skyshadow mentioned the Hyperspeed homage to Marlboor a couple posts up.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Skyshadow mentioned the Hyperspeed homage to Marlboor a couple posts up.
    Oh bloody hell! - I was going off of your post , well, at least we have some pretty pictures linked to the discussion now.