Thread: Transformers 4 in Empire Magazine

Default Transformers 4 in Empire Magazine

Empire Magazine cover April 2014 by M-bot2011

I'm a subscriber, so this came in the mail today. Usually, a new issue turns up at retail within a week of me getting my sub, so be on the lookout soon if you're interested.

There's a rather extensive 6 page article inside, including some behind-the-scenes pics that I hadn't seen elsewhere. I'll post again with anything interesting once I've given it a read...

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Very cool, I like Empire's articles so will grab this.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

There's not a great deal of info in it I haven't already seen. It's essentially a puff piece, unfortunately, with re-telling of a lot of info that has been widely reported elsewhere, plenty on the human actors, and virtually nothing on the robot cast (Optimus Prime and Bumblebee being the only characters mentioned, the latter only in a photo caption).

Some interesting behind-the-scenes pics, and a couple of intriguing quotes, but I would think the mag would be best only for those who haven't exposed themselves to much of the movie news so far (no significant spoilers in it), or people who want to consume every scrap of movie news they can get.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Agree it was a bit of a fluff piece with no insight into the movie.

The one thing I did pick up which has been mentioned before but just clicked with me is that Walbergs character discovers a transformer which starts the war again. I am guessing he unearths a Dinobot and that Cons try and assume control of them as a weapon etc etc ( cue explosions for an hour)

I don't subscribe to this magazine but I did buy it for the first, second, and third movies. So... I guess I'll have to buy this issue too
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Or three hours.
    I read a piece in the Sunday Mail last weekend that said basically the same thing just mentioned about his daughter finding a TFormer in the ground and that starts the war....... again. Marky Mark also mentioned and backed up previous mentions that this is not a kids movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't subscribe to this magazine but I did buy it for the first, second, and third movies. So... I guess I'll have to buy this issue too
    I bought it too, for pretty much the same reason. I had a flick through it in the store first, and there wasn't anything too special (we would have had it posted to fansites by now if there was), but got it because it would go with the others I had from the earlier movies.