Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimetal UM-03 Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I actually prefer this one over Optimus. If only he transformed.
    If that toy transformed you'd have to get a pretty big lockable display case to house it as per Victorian replica firearm ownership law (AFAIK - correct me if I'm wrong).

At least its a G1 Megs you can import without any risk

Megatran Guest

^ Gok, you're too practical & logical & absolutely right. I was thinking of encasing Megatron in the Cone of Silence. It'll serve as a lockable unit just as effective.

Not sure you'd need a big glass cabinet to comply with any Victorian laws as this guy would be considered an imitation firearm as opposed to a replica firearm (our Victorian DPP likrs to split hairs!):

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retriev...media_id=70080

Nonetheless, if I'm going to drop best part of $1000 on a poseable (and exceptionally detailed) collectable statue, I think I'd be getting a permanantly fixed, lockable display case!

They should be making an mp-10 scale megs first

Actually... being so grossly oversized might exempt it from being regarded as a replica (or even imitation firearm. Hasbro was able to release Reveal the Shield Legends Class Megatron here because it's so undersized that it's exempted, and likewise Smallest Transforming Megatron (which I don't keep in my locked display unit w/ my G1 and MP gunformers) because its tiny size also exempts it. AFAIK the general rule is that if the gun resembles a real gun and can be hand held, then it qualifies as a replica firearm (and thus falls under whatever state/territorial laws regarding such items). If it cannot be hand held like a gun, then it's exempted.

Because the laws are in place to stop idiots from carrying the toy in public in gun mode and threatening people with it. This can be done w/ the G1 and MP Megatron and Browning moulds, but not w/ Smallest or RtS Megatron, nor those who transform into clearly fictitious guns (e.g. G1 Shockwave, Galvatron, Classicsverse Voyager Megatron etc.). Also hence why all of those toys are able to be sold in Australia (although G1 Shockwave wasn't released here, we did have "Shackwave" ).

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    They should be making an mp-10 scale megs first
    Eh... I'd rather see them release MP toys based on characters that don't already exist as MPs. I skipped MP11 because I already have MP03 (both the Takara and Hasbro versions). I initially skilled MP10 because I already have MP01 and later picked up the Hasbro version because it was considerably cheaper and I wanted the trailer and Roller and Spike. If they did another MP Megatron, I'd likely skip it. I would theoretically pick up a new MP Megatron if it came w/ the stock and silencer, but I wouldn't pay TakTOM prices for it and Hasbro wouldn't be able to release it, so in actuality I'd most probably still skip it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    If only he transformed.
    Yes, if only.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Both price and not being able to transform stopped there for me. I may not get it even if I won lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I don't like the face. He looks like he's sulking.
    You would too, if you lost as many skirmishes as Megs.

Looks nice, but even if it doesn't transform, shouldn't there be more 'gun' details on his arms, legs and chest?

I'm getting more of an "I don't like you"/sizing someone up vibe from the facial expression, but that's me.