Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair Australia 2014 news (Movie SPOILERS)

Nothing tickles my pickle really.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Optimus truck and a big Grimlock standee make the background of Seven News story on the Fair just aired. Grimlock taking up a third of the screen behind the "mum" there with two boys test playing toys.
    Here's the clip http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch...rnes-toy-fair/

Shows you a bit of the Marvel toys and some of the other displays. TF toys aren't really visible.

Woohoo more Kreons

I see Legends (or whatever size class that is) Starscream and Waspinator. Does that mean we may actually get these? I need him and the Megatron pack.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    That is alot of merchandise, some good, mostly bad...
    It is always a tease with their display of licensed merchandise, as it is there as an incentive for Retailers to go to those exhibitors to buy up those items as well as the Hasbro toys. This year they went over-board on the merchandise, making up over a third of their Transformers display space. (which means a third of their items on display are not items they can even sell to Retailers... and most of them are not even items that end up in this country anyway - hence the "tease" bit, because every year there are items that I'd love to get here, but we don't)

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Would you be able to do a write-up or give some details on some of the non-TF stuff that was there please? I'm specifically interested in Marvel toys, some of which I can see behind the OP-truck display there. Fingers crossed we'll be seeing some new Marvel Legends Infinite Series!
    Sorry, that truck photo was the only shot I have of non-TFs toys.
    Most years they won't allow it on movie lines, and this year there was a new Brand Manager as well, so I didn't want to over-extend my first impression on him.

BTW, that truck is one solid piece, so it had to be craned into that spot, which took half a day to do. They want to take it back to Sydney to keep it, but said that they might have to cut it up to get it inside their Sydney Office. I hope it isn't too damaged in the process, as a lot of time and effort went into the design and construction, for it to be wasted if they have to trash it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Optimus truck and a big Grimlock standee make the background of Seven News story on the Fair just aired. Grimlock taking up a third of the screen behind the "mum" there with two boys test playing toys.
    I watched your link, and the way they reported on the event, they made it sound like it was open to the public... so I imagine that a lot of people might have gone down there the next day to get in, and were turned away. They should have noted that it was only a trade event for Retailers, not the public.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Who is producing the g1 transformers coin? Is it a franklin mint thing?
    Possibly. As I noted at the start of this post, the Hasbro people just grab random merchandise to pad out their Transformers display each year... sometimes having items that won't be available here, or were here some time ago. Which is annoying when something appeals to me, or to others who see my photos.

That news report on the fair had the two kids running around, knocking into people in suits (possibly someone with a lot of money to spend on product), and bashing toys
    together... so funny. Too bad if they were bashing some pre-production prototypes.

A closer shot of the Deluxe Wave 1 Movie Generations (also now added into second posting with other photos).

Note that they say 8+ (age), compared to the gimmick lines that have 6+ on them.
    Also note the Hasbro logo on the front, differentiates their items from the licensed
    items that are all over their Transformers Display.

The Deluxe figures and the card backs are noticeably smaller than previous Deluxes, even the Beast Hunters ones.
    Demonac had a play with each, so he's one who can probably comment on how they fare as playable toys. I remember him commenting on the black Bumblebee looking very nice in car mode.

The "One-step" figures and the "Flip & Change" figures are... unusual. The Drift toy (blue car), transforms like a flick knife, while the "Flip & Change" Optimus is like a giant
    click pen to transform it (while holding the huge handle on the back of the truck), and the F&C Grimlock requires you to hold the arms and spin the body around in circles to transform it.
    The "Power Attack/Battlers" are a bit more creative with their transformations (with a power action gimmick), so are like an intermediate level of toys between the
    One-step/Flip & Change and the Generations figures.
    Last edited by griffin; 18th March 2014 at 01:37 AM.

I re-read what I typed in the first two postings and fixed up a few typos and grammatical errors (and re-wrote a couple of sentences to make more sense of things).
    Considering the time-stamp on those postings, I'm amazed the writing made any sense at all.

Since it was requested on an American fansite, some enlargements of a couple of the Dinosaurs. (about as large as I can get them before they start getting too grainy)

Another couple of requests, after someone at TFW pointed out that there actually looks to be two versions off the mini Optimus Plushie...

And this one done larger...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Woohoo more Kreons
    See, I had the exact opposite reaction. "More Kreons, Boo".
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Back into the Transformers wilderness I go.

*Disappears into the mist...*

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...