Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seibertron interviews Livio Ramondelli

Default Seibertron interviews Livio Ramondelli

Seibertron has an interview with Autocracy, Monstrosity, RID (a couple of issues) and Dark Cybertron (Dead Universe) artist Livio Ramondelli.

This is probably going to sound really bad, but I can't stand this guys art. I find it takes away from the story and I end up reading it in a daze. All the characters just look "meh". I have a few comic book artist friends, and none of them like his style either, they find it ruins it too. Is it just me on this forum who thinks this, or are there others?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    This is probably going to sound really bad, but I can't stand this guys art. I find it takes away from the story and I end up reading it in a daze. All the characters just look "meh". I have a few comic book artist friends, and none of them like his style either, they find it ruins it too. Is it just me on this forum who thinks this, or are there others?
    Totally agree, I don't like his art at all. "Meh" is being very polite half the time I don't know which character is in the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Totally agree, I don't like his art at all. "Meh" is being very polite half the time I don't know which character is in the frame.
    Well, I hate it. Only reason I posted the news story is cause I thought I was the only one that hates it. I guessI'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I can't stand how Hardhead looks. Every time I see him, I'm like, who the heck is this guy? And how you feel is exactly the same as me, as he really can't portray any of the characters at all.

After reading the interview, I can't believe IDW picked him out.

Is it just me on this forum who thinks this, or are there others?
    His work is always too muddy and dark, and whenever I buy an issue with him on art I always go to read it then my eyes go aarrggh and I put it back at the bottom of my pile for later. What they should do is get him to pencil his own work - like the Rodimus in the interview - and then put someone else on colouring, preferably Josh Burcham. Ramondelli has great potential as an artist, but his biggest problem seems to be that he doesn't know what's good for comics, and apparently his editors don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    His work is always too muddy and dark, and whenever I buy an issue with him on art I always go to read it then my eyes go aarrggh and I put it back at the bottom of my pile for later. What they should do is get him to pencil his own work - like the Rodimus in the interview - and then put someone else on colouring, preferably Josh Burcham. Ramondelli has great potential as an artist, but his biggest problem seems to be that he doesn't know what's good for comics, and apparently his editors don't either.
    Every page of his to me feels like the "Raisins Face". So I just can't take any of it serious. Thankfully the words keep me going. As someone said to me, "This New Age look, where everything has to be done with a brush pen, just look stupid for transformers". Guess I should just be thankful Andrew Griffiths work keeps me happy.

On the new Seibertron podcast they have an informal hang out with Livio. What I took from it is:

He claims he does some writing on Chris Metzen's work.

He thinks G1 animation has the same grit he uses in his artwork. (WTF)

The guys that work at Seibertron really like his artwork. (I guess I was right, some people do like him)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    He thinks G1 animation has the same grit he uses in his artwork. (WTF)
    Hahahahahahah, Ahahahahahahaha, hahahahahahahaahah. Yeah Ok

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The guys that work at Seibertron really like his artwork. (I guess I was right, some people do like him)
    I noticed in the comments on him everyone was batsheet crazy about liking him. Who knows, guess some people like his "G1 Grit"

I noticed in the comments on him everyone was batsheet crazy about liking him. Who knows, guess some people like his "G1 Grit"
    Maybe it's a cultural thing? Australians don't like it, Americans do??