Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717222324252627

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus teaser revealed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Are there really that many people who are going to get hung-up over 1-2% of vestigial mass in the Bot mode of this figure? - Try to focus on the rest of the awesome that this figure is doing guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    nice.

I'm looking at it as Tux tales at the moment
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Are there really that many people who are going to get hung-up over 1-2% of vestigial mass in the Bot mode of this figure? - Try to focus on the rest of the awesome that this figure is doing guys.
    I know, right?

We have a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus that isn't a white Prime repaint, that's G1 screen-accurate, isn't a partsformer, and can still carry four (MP) cars. I'm actually pretty impressed that the chunky backpack was made somewhat screen-accurate - I would've been satisfied with a jumbled mess of parts.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think it looked pretty good. yeah okay, the butt flap may be a bit disappointing maybe they should have do a better skirt armour or become a shield or something but I felt it was still overall very good considering the price of this figure compared to Grimlock, and Optimus prime mp at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I know, right?

We have a Masterpiece Ultra Magnus that isn't a white Prime repaint, that's G1 screen-accurate, isn't a partsformer, and can still carry four (MP) cars. I'm actually pretty impressed that the chunky backpack was made somewhat screen-accurate - I would've been satisfied with a jumbled mess of parts.
    I think it's more of a general lack of confidence in the more ambitious official toys. They tend to suffer detrimental budget cuts despite the high consumer cost.

I've decide I want this. Does anyone know what 'Perfect Edition' is? BBTS has it on the listing. I had a look at Robotkingdom and their listing doesn't say anything about the trailer, just the 'main body'.

And where can I get all 3 (Magnus, Wheeljack, and bumblebee) from the one place without paying up front and at a premium?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I've decide I want this. Does anyone know what 'Perfect Edition' is? BBTS has it on the listing. I had a look at Robotkingdom and their listing doesn't say anything about the trailer, just the 'main body'.
    I have no idea, all the pictures we've seen show it as a single unit, I don't think you will be able to buy the cab without the trailer. I think they're calling it Perfect Edition as it's the first Ultramagnus apart from the Titanium one that is a cab and trailer that turn into the larger than prime Robot since the original toy.

And where can I get all 3 (Magnus, Wheeljack, and bumblebee) from the one place without paying up front and at a premium?
    In my lunchbox.
    Most places that allow pre-order without prepayment will charge a premium to cover their expenses over the pre-order period, places that charge up front often give a discount on pre-order because they can invest the money or use it over the pre-order period and they aren't out of pocket.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The 'Perfect Edition' is just them tacking it on as its the Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. If there's an Amazon exclusive, it hasn't been announced as far as I know. Basically its just them wanting to charge more.

A good place to preorder would be HobbyLinkJapan.

MP04 was also called the Perfect Edition
    BBTS are just rehashing the term most probably because of the fact that Magnus is not a seperate robot, ala MP02.
    They probably assumed that this version of Magnus included a white repaint of Prime along with the trailer..

Thanks. I didn't think 'Perfect Edition' meant that much. I'm kinda late to order this but it's still on preorder at a lot of places so don't think there's a huge rush at the moment. Just trying to find the place with the best deal. I have a few things in my POL at BBTS and kinda wondering if the combined shipping costs would offset the higher prices they are charging for Bee, Wheeljack and Magnus.