Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Metrotitan

Looks good. Can't wait to see the final product.

Wow, those parts are looking so nice. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    Looks good. Can't wait to see the final product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Wow, those parts are looking so nice. Can't wait to see how this turns out.
    ^ This

Nice work. The chrome face looks very good.

Some white bits. I used to hate doing white paint before getting the airbrush, it was so hard to get right. I've had some sealing issues with the airbrush (it's only a cheap one) but I still managed to get some nice coats down. Yes, some of these parts were originally white anyway, but very slightly off-white and not a glossy brilliant white I wanted for this custom.

DSC_0714 by M-bot2011

I've made a good start on the legs, which I was kinda dreading due to their sheer size. Of all the pieces, the lower legs and the shoulders on the mould are the least like the G1 mould, leading to some creative decision making regarding which colours to put where.

DSC_0713 by M-bot2011

I've got a good idea re the FOC 'glow' effect I want to put on this custom, some of the white paint here is the ground work for this, as I can't rely on a sticker set.
    I'm planning on working on the glow effect next week, so hopefully a good update then.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Looking great so far. Keen to see the glow effect
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Looking great so far. Keen to see the glow effect
    Over 50 spots of 'glow'. Getting some mock ups done for practice first. It's going to take a while to do all that, and I want to get them all done in one or 2 sittings so they have uniformity of colour and depth over the whole model, so I'm having to set aside a number of hours one day next week.

I've drifted away from my original design in that I wanted him to look relatively store-bought, rather than very very fancy, but in the end, he's going to take a huge amount of work and hours to do either way, so I might as well take the extra time make him something especially special (say that 10 time fast!).

US-based customiser FrenzyRumble did a Metroplex custom, added ankle tilts and sold it on ebay for over $2K. Now I don't think for a minute that's what I'll be capable of, but I'm reaching for the stars.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

adding the glow effect would make the paint job just pop out... can't wait to see it man ... keep us up to date

The shoulder pieces are done in their colours, only detailing work to go now. I've decided to fix the white 'city' towers in place as they rely on friction to stay in the elevated position, and hence rub points became too problematic. The usual fixes of sanding/filing down rub points to maintain the integrity of the paint (white over black in this case) were no good, as to remove the rub point would be to prevent friction keeping the pieces up.

DSC_0737 by M-bot2011

DSC_0739 by M-bot2011

And the blue on the legs is done. Just need to do some black on the rear leg pieces, and then I can start on the glow effects. I was hoping to do them this week, but lost a few days to bad weather. Mild rain I can deal with, but I draw the line at hail coming in under the decking sideways!

DSC_0736 by M-bot2011

Looking good!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain