Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Don't overlook the new ultimate spidey, it's awesome.
    i just finished reading the death of spiderman trade. I dont know if I could accept the new spidey hes just not peter parker

I don't get the "invisibility power" of the new Ultimate Spider-Man.

Hursticon, as much as I love Ultimate Spider-Man it's not "the real" Spider-Man, but that does make it a much more self-contained story than the 50 years of the real Spider-Man.

I was looking at trades at the comic store. The Marvel Knights Spider-Man by Mark Millar is not bad, a self-contained story (but I didn't much care for the art).

Loophole do you include "Sins Past" in the good of J. Michael Straczynski's run? That was pretty controversial.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Loophole do you include "Sins Past" in the good of J. Michael Straczynski's run? That was pretty controversial.
    I found it interesting, it also gave Norman Osborn a bigger dont F&*% with me as he is evil bast&*# reputation. I think some fans didnt like that Gwens innocence was taken away, i just wished that they developed the new characters more they could of taken them in very interesting directions but they sort of got forgotten about.

My latest big comic purchases: X-Men Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol 1 & 2 and Fatal Attractions Omnibus. (I blame STL for convincing me to upsize).

Collecting the era where I started reading X-Men (not a coincidence that it was just after Transformers finished). Vol 1 wasn't really necessary since that was before I started, but I thought may as well have the pair.

Just need the Bishop and Wedding books coming later this year to complete my shelf. (Shame the Wedding book is a trade paperback not an oversized hardcover though.)

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have all of those, and all the other X-Men related OHCs/omni's they've put out.

I was disappointed that Bloodties was an MPC instead. Puts it out of place than all the other ones.

You going to get (or maybe you already have) the two that circle around those omni/OHCs you just showed?

X-Tinction Agenda and X-Cutioner's Song? (Bloodties is kinda optional, as it's straight after Fatal Attractions)

I actually got a lot of this stuff bound a few years ago.

Out of the 3 volumes I made, 2 are now pretty much obsolete, and replaced by the new ones. Ah well. I'd always hoped for official nice editions like this.

The third was adjectiveless 27-53 (pre-Onslaught, maybe 50), so it hasn't been neutered yet. I'd love to though, nicer paper for most.

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    i just finished reading the death of spiderman trade. I dont know if I could accept the new spidey hes just not peter parker
    That's a selling point to me, never liked parker, dunno why, just never did.

Has anyone been reading the AvX stuff at all?? What do u think of it..

I am finding it a real bore to read through not to mention it jumps all over the place. I don't want to buy every issue of marvel to enjoy the story. But i think that is what u need to do.. At this moment I am hoping Frank Castle rides in and puts a few people down to finish the story....

There was a good couple of parts where spidey had a chance to shine tho...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I had a long wait to read AvX. I ordered the hardcover back in April to get 33% off, and it's now arrived. I was following the story through reviews and previews and bought issue 12 to see what the conclusion would be without spoilers.

The hardcover is a nice package and flicking through I do like the bright artwork but I don't have a lot of faith in the story. It's also a nice touch that it comes with a code to download the book via Comixology.

I like that they left the extra "Vs" series as a backup rather than trying to put those issues in the middle of the main 12 parter. There's another "companion" hardcover for all the crossovers but I don't feel the need to get that.

Overall, I'm more interested in the Now series. I like the new status quo for the X-Men's Extinction Team. Schism seemed really forced and I didn't like it, but this outcome is good just took a bit too long to get to. The "All New X-Men" series looks good too. I'm currently in no rush to read the Wolverine/Uncanny series between Schism and AvsX, and happy to jump back in with this NOW relaunch.

Where is a good place to buy Trades online?

I've been buying all my trades from Bookdepository for the last two-three years.