Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember Power Rangers?

I used to collect the Zords... had heaps of em but ended up getting rid of em all.
    Really liked the Zords but hated the show.
    Liked the fact that they were mostly big chunky combiner bots or bases and they displayed really well if you put em all together.
    The Japanese versions were always of better quality and had heaps of diecast although price-wise, there wasn't much of a diff (not including shipping that is).
    Always felt ripped off buying the US versions due to the quality and price

I remember seeing the movie on video when I was Babysitting my cousin who was really into them, he had a good dozen or so toys as well.

Acting wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would be (was still bad though) and I liked seeing Sydney on film, but that was about it.

If I catch the series that are made in NZ on the tv I like watching a few minutes of it to have a good chuckle.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Some good memories. But most of mine were about perving on the pink and yellow ranger. It was that age.
    Ah yes, Amy Jo Johnson... Those were the days.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Be careful about perving on the original yellow ranger... out of costume = girl, in costume = guy. Fact!

A friend of mine used to be a massive Power Rangers fan when it came out. He collected everything - so much so that he got a small caravan and placed it in the back yard. Its sole purpose to house his MMPR collection... and it was packed. You opened the door and there wasn't enough room to step in! He also got onto the set of the Power Rangers movie (which was shot in Sydney) and took lots of behind-the-scenes happy snaps (with permission... this guy had contacts). It was interesting seeing how much damage their stunt doubles would do to their costumes after each shot... each of those gymnastic stunt moves they would do kept on tearing their suits!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Power Rangers was freaking cool, loved them when I was younger. Transformers meets Godzilla for a pure win. The Zords were cool toys the real stand outs being the Godzilla-esc Dragonzord!

http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/126_2625.jpg

The Original Megazord was a pretty cool combiner.
    http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/126_2633.jpg

put them together for this.
    http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/126_2642.jpg

then there was this big bastard.
    http://www.megazord.net/USERIMAGES/126_2646.jpg
    sweet stuff, and tempting to reacquire if it wasn't for the horrifying prices on eBay.

Anyone else love the dodgy-dub fun of the Rangers?
    There is nothing like the originals...

I got these from Fungal Infection not that long ago (Thanks Again for giving me a chance to requiring these again..." )
    I am also thinking about "if not trying to" get these sets from reprolabels for them
    Dragonzord

Pteradactly and Mammoth/Mastodon
    Tyrannosuarus
    Tricertops/Sabertooth Tiger

Titanus

So, yes i still like the dodgy-dub fun of the Rangers.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 7th August 2008 at 05:35 PM.

I just realised how wrong it looks when dragon megazord is 'mounting' titanus :P

i remember gettting the Dragon megazord

and my sister asking if Zord was even a word

From the April Acquisitions thread:

...together they look like Autobot Power Rangers. Ironic considering that Takara's original name for Transformers in Japan was 「変身戦隊トランスフォーマー」(Henshin Sentai Transformers - "Transforming Battle Squad Transformers"*). For those who don't know, all the Tokusatsu Sentai TV shows in Japan (the kinds of shows which are later culled to make Power Rangers) typically have the word "Sentai" (Battle Squad) in their titles, e.g.: (discussion continued in Power Rangers thread

「恐竜戦隊ジュウレンジャー」(Kyouryuu Sentai (Dinosaur Battle Squad) Zyuranger)
    「五星戦隊ダイレンジャー」 (Gosei Sentai (5 star Battle Squad) Dairanger)
    「高速戦隊ターボレンジャー」(Kousoku Sentai (High Speed Battle Squad) Turboranger)
    「電磁戦隊メガレンジャー」(Denji Sentai (Digital Battle Squad) Megaranger)
    「特捜戦隊デカレンジャー」(Tokusou Sentai (Special Police Battle Squad) Dekaranger)
    etc. You get the picture.

roller and Lord_Zed (and Geminii too?) know that I love singing these songs at Karaoke.

------------------------------------
    *As most of you know, this name was abandoned in favour of 「戦え!超ロボット生命体トランスフォーマー」(Tatakae! Chou Robotto Seimeitai Toransufoomaa - "Fight! Super Robot Life Transformers")

Power Rangers bah!!! it was crap and just a crappy version of Voltron IMO!!!

Well, Lion Force Voltron (aka Hundred Beast King Go-Lion) was basically the same thing - just animated instead of live action. Ditto Gatchaman (aka Battle of the Planets, G-Force, Eagle Riders) - only their vehicles didn't transform into robots or merge into a big robot (although they did transform from regular vehicles into super vehicles and could all dock with the God Phoenix).

I much preferred Vehicle Force Voltron (aka Armoured Fleet XV Dairugger) - 15 military vehicles capable of interstellar flight > 5 cats.