Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember Power Rangers?

Default Remember Power Rangers?

Power Rangers was freaking cool, loved them when I was younger. Transformers meets Godzilla for a pure win. The Zords were cool toys the real stand outs being the Godzilla-esc Dragonzord!

Bad-ass!

The Original Megazord was a pretty cool combiner.

put them together for this.

then there was this big bastard.

sweet stuff, and tempting to reacquire if it wasn't for the horrifying prices on eBay.

Anyone else love the dodgy-dub fun of the Rangers?

I used to watch it after school back in 1994, I even went and saw the movie - it had cgi combining robots! - and while I was interested in the designs, I was never interested in buying any of the toys.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I just got a mini-combiner about a month ago. My kids get some of the new figures sometimes. They love the Psycho Ranger movie. Think it's the original movie.

Yep, big fan, but I also didn't get the toys. More into Lego then I think.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I got one on ebay, 2 days remainingwith Die cast Voltron as well

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&ih=020

When PR first came out I wasn't all too impressed. Felt it was a cheap Voltron rip-off (which in a way it was)

Yet I still ended up seeing it at the movies. Simply because our one and only local cinema was closing down (haven't had one since) so my sister and I decided to see as many movies as we could.

Power Rangers and Species all in one night!

Though a couple of years ago I watched all over Dino Thunder, mostly because Tommy was in it. Dunno why I liked that guy.

Never got the toys though. See 'em in the stores but they just never interest(ed) me.

I'm not a fan of Power Rangers at all but I do like Japanese Tokusatsu/Sentai series. My favourite is Super Star God Gransazer. I used my Sazer toys as authoritarians (e.g.: Prince Escalus, soldiers) in my Shakespearian TF/Star Wars photocomic.

The Sazers move in to stop another public brawl that has broken out as a result of the continuing feud between the MontaguesTransformers and CapuletsStar Wars.

ParisMega-Red seeks Lord CapuletEmperor Palpatine's permission to marry JulietPadmé

I used to collect them with a passion and had every deluxe megazord up until Timeforce. For some reason, Bandai stopped releasing the deluxe zords into stores after the first Space series and as a result, I had to hunt them all down from the US which was very pricey considering their size and weight (alot of diecast content). I stopped collecting them cause I had new priorities (mortgage, shiny new car) and not enough space and ended up selling 3/4 of my collection just recently. I still have the last 3 I'm selling on ebay at the moment and once these are gone, I'll be done with PR for the forseable future. But I do like the designs of some of the later series even if I'm not going to buy them. The only ones I've kept are the Lightspeed zords (Supertrain, Omega, Max Solar, Lightspeed) and the Delta and Astro Megazords. The rest have been sold or are in the process of being sold.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Some good memories. But most of mine were about perving on the pink and yellow ranger. It was that age.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Back in the 90's, i remember the first day it showed on Agro

i hated it then, i must have been 6 0r something and i knew it was ridiculous.

Everytime they have to move or do something they have to flick their arms around like this (waves arms to nobody)

The puttis were hilarious and so was Rita and those 2 guys who were 25 and still in school , it was like watching some form of pschotorture.

Where did the first wave of powerangers hide their dino vehicles? They just seemed to fly out of nowhere while the theme song played.

and every ep, the enemy would grow to 100000 feet and they would jump 1000000 feet into their giant robot. I always wanted the robot with the saucer head to die, and i remember the head in the giant jar.

And i remember my cousins and i were taken to the Powerangers play or movie premier and it has a paper mache comet that exploded with a BANG