Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we becoming jaded or more discerning as Transformer fans?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    The discussion we're currently having is about the movies, to which yourself replied to Trev's comment about, which led us here, Einstein.

And I'm not telling you what you can or can't watch, because you clearly have comprehension issues.

Let me reiterate it one last time. If you have not enjoyed Bay's last 4 movies & are making it a point to trash it before there has been a single line of script even written down, then #5 clearly isn't the movie for you.
    Again what gives you the right? I didn't trash all 4 movies?
    Are you crying like a girl because someone complains? OMG, get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Again what gives you the right? I didn't trash all 4 movies?
    Are you crying like a girl because someone complains? OMG, get over it already.
    Crying like a little girl?
    The MP's don't have rubber tyres or die cast. Would you like a tissue?

Wow! I said that as a joke about the rubber tyres.

Why so serious? Is Bay your Father thats why you take everything so serious? Holly crap.

Wow! I said that as a joke about the rubber tyres.

Why so serious? Is Bay your Father thats why you take everything so serious? Holly crap.
    A joke that you've told on every MP car thread.
    Right.
    & no, Bay isn't my father. I know who mine is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    A joke that you've told on every MP car thread.
    Right.
    & no, Bay isn't my father. I know who mine is.
    For a serious discussion, Yes I did complaint about plastic wheels as we were referring to a premium product. Yes, I did indicate about diecast as well. And I did indcate I was over it too.

You seem to be someone who can tell people off what you ONLY feel is right in your opinion. You pretty much have to suck it up when I am still on here. As far as what people say here on the threads if you sick of hearing it you can change your settings in your User CP. For me, I am happy to hear good and bad of anything here.

peace out. I don't waste my time with people who only view one sided opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I must admit, I'm seeing a lot of chatter at the moment that is making me lean back towards the idea that a great deal of Transformer Fandom is indeed jaded to at least certain parts of the franchise.

Now take some of the comments about Transformers 5.
    *It's going to be all humans and cheap jokes
    *It's going to be nothing but product placements and really crap writing
    *Michael Bay is directing and the writer has done stuff like Batman and Robin. I'm not gonna go see it - it's gonna suck!

Now this is a movie that has barely begun to be written yet, yet people are making definitive statements about how it is going to be bad. They are not using words like 'probably', they are using phrases such as 'it's going to be'.

I can understand if people didn't like the last few flicks that they don't hold high hopes for the upcoming one. But bagging it out and saying that it is going to be bad two years in advance seems to be the definitive version of a jaded fan to me. I'm not looking forward to the next two years worth of seeing people bitching about a movie before it's even made.
    With that 'degree' of certainty, you'd think they've already seen the finished movie!

On referencing Batman and Robin: I can't help but think that's a deliberate attempt to frame the movie negatively, as you mentioned. Never mind the fact that the director, Joel Schumacher, has stated that the studio wanted campier, more 'kid-friendly' movies after the Tim Burton movies.

I suspect the conversation would be different if people said it was "the guy who wrote A Beautiful Mind, or I, Robot, or The Da Vinci Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We're living in a golden age for Masterpeice toys (more releases and more styles than we'd have predicted) but quick let's complain about each toy based on silhouette/prototype/first pics months before the toy is actually available. I don't think that's discerning, I think it's somewhere between jaded and the today's culture of get-on-the-Interent-and-judge-everything.
    I noticed that with comments on MP Ironhide's hip panels and visible tyres in robot mode - it seems like some people are trying to find something to complain about. I'm impressed that we have a robot as clean as it is, considering the character model.

Haha, blame it on the director who doesn't want to walk away. It will continue to bitch till someone new takes over copy that. < from here it gets either Really? Bay was better or wow this is sure a whole better than what it was.

Dont blame people, you should know better "once bitten twice shy" "second time? shame on you, third time ? Are you nuts? 4th time > lol, 5th?
    I still maintain that Michael Bay can deliver good movies with the right scripts - look at his non-Transformers movies - but that's another discussion.

Hey guys I think we need to tone it down a bit.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I still maintain that Michael Bay can deliver good movies with the right scripts - look at his non-Transformers movies - but that's another discussion.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. and in fact I thought TF1 and 2 were still okay. For me TF3 and 4 are all over the place.

Other Bay movies and been great and even some TV production ones.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Hey guys I think we need to tone it down a bit.
    Yeah the first 3 pages of the thread are a lot more productive. Buts it's my fault for bringing up the TF5 thing . I just found it the perfect example of a jaded TF fan that people were complaining about TF5 before, as others and myself have stated, there is barely a line of script written and the flick is still two years away

However I have recently proved that I am no exception I was complaining from preliminary pics that MP Shockwave was too small compared to other MP Con leaders. I was very glad that newly surfaced pics have proved me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah the first 3 pages of the thread are a lot more productive.
    I concur.

"But I probably didn't understand the situation!" Lol
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera