Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192934353637383940 LastLast

Thread: The chogokin or gokin (metal) toys thread

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Highest quality!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Must control the urge to pre-order this! I'm getting FOMO, they would absolutely look great together!
    Yeah when I saw Vehicle I knew I must have it. Then realised it just wouldn't be right to not have Lion next to it. That was an expensive thought process

Those two will most likely be it for me for SoC until they do Legendary Defender.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Those two will most likely be it for me for SoC until they do Legendary Defender.
    Same here. Apart from Megazord, I don't really know any of the others anyway.

I CALL ON THE POWER OF TITANUS AND THE ULTRAZORD!

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/DZxTRnt

you can see its very plastic looking. I honestly hate it for its price. This is where I feel my Fantoys has better quality over a SOC fig. Till date I left mine back in the box.

Power Rangers fans may already know this, but unlike Soul of Chogokin Megazord and Dragonzord, which were engineered from scratch, Titanus isn't a new mould; it's based on the Titanus from Bandai America's Legacy Power Rangers line. The original was from 2014, and retailed for USD199.99. The JPY29160 RRP (including tax) on the Tamashii Nations website for SoC Titanus converts to USD269.90 at current rates, which is actually better than aftermarket prices for Legacy Titanus.

Legacy Titanus was already a pretty good figure, so perhaps it didn't make sense for Bandai Japan to make an entirely new Titanus, so they remoulded it and added more diecast metal. The reuse of the mould probably helped to keep the cost down; an all-new Titanus would have almost certainly cost more.

Its poor quality period, I anint going to make excuses to defend the toy. Its a mismatch to the other two. I dont regard this as SOC grade at all.

Lack of metal isn't the issue, is the finishing is cheap. This is my most underwhelming figure of 2019. < says a lot as I have more respect to TF MPs which at least recently paint their figures. This is Bandai taking few steps back or being slack.

Simply put lazy, and full profiteering. If the finishing was at least had some attention, I pass it. There isn't.

I highly dont recommend this soc unless is 15,000jpy and under. IMO this toy doesn't do the other two any justice and it makes them worse off on display.
    Last edited by drifand; 6th July 2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Its poor quality period, I anint going to make excuses to defend the toy. Its a mismatch to the other two. I dont regard this as SOC grade at all.

Lack of metal isn't the issue, is the finishing is cheap. This is my most underwhelming figure of 2019. < says a lot as I have more respect to TF MPs which at least recently paint their figures. This is Bandai taking few steps back or being slack.

Simply put lazy, and full profiteering. If the finishing was at least had some attention, I pass it. There isn't.

I highly dont recommend this soc unless is 15,000jpy and under. IMO this toy doesn't do the other two any justice and it makes them worse off on display.
    While I can understand if some people think Titanus is a step down from Megazord and Dragonzord, I, and a lot of owners, still think it looks pretty good. I don't really see anything fundamentally wrong with the finishes on the plastic.

Speaking of plastic, I noticed that you seem to be ok with a relative 'lack' of metal in this instance, yet you've complained on several occasions that Takara's Masterpiece line lacks diecast:

You are not but however I want a total perfection series where they don’t cut corners and budget and skip paint or diecast. I know it be more expensive but if it was perfect, I would buy it. Plus rubber tyres.

It be a smart move after two years they offer replacement tyres as a product for a collectors display piece.

But seeing the direction, I don’t think Tomy cares and they rather sell good quality Tomy products over Takara trying to make one. Binaltech was the last best thing Takara ever did. From then on is all plastic.
    For argument sake this is what I want. Like what 3p does such as products from Fantoys. We can go about stupid silly arguments like rubber tyres can wear tear, plastic is better. I have already stated paint on metal is noticeably better.

I don’t think I care? And I just want premium finish. Buy a “masterpiece if you want to just keep playing “ I want a rock solid piece.
    Mp-1 was considered the real masterpiece because it appealed to many at that time that it was a solid diecast robot. Paint, individual articulated fingers, spring suspension,rubber tyres. Is the premium feel to it. Mp-10 looks great except it lack bits and pieces and is actually a cheaper product and you get charged more for it.

As seeing what TT release this year, it looks like my spending will be minimal.
    My issue is there seems to be people who support an official low quality product.
    Trust me that I lowered my expectations for MPs by a huge margin and the minimum they could do was get the QC right which they keep failing.

When I hold sideswipe and next to tracks it clearly shows poor paint job on tracks. Look at your binaltech tracks blue.

I also agree on the scale cut back it pissed off quite a few people hence the support is here. What some people would consider a MPs

1. Bigger scale
    2. Painted not cut corners
    3. Diecast
    4. Rubber wheels which spells premium not cheap plastic.

I have avoided Ko tfs just for ethnic reason but frankly speaking it is wrong to keep supporting a bad product.

Crap takara should just sell tf masterpiece to bandai and let them make a proper premium product. My metal build is light years ahead in quality.
    Because of the following:
    1. The metal give a deeper shine to the toy which equals higher grade of quality, As I pointed, Wheeljack mp felt lack of paint on White plastic.

2. The rubber tyres debate is because toy car collectors DO NOT collect toy cars with plastic wheels (in their premium range, not referring to matchbox cars here) is a slap to them, hence the follow suit here in a Masterpiece line, not for other transformers though.

"I bet you could make the alts look just as nice with the same paint and you wouldn't know the difference..."

There is a difference and this is coming from someone who owns nearly the entire set. You can compare Swindle BT vs Alternators version, The Namesis Prime and the alt version, close but not as deep in colour. Not to mention the White Jazz RX8 in metal and plastic, Big difference.

If rubber tyers were bad, why bother to do it on optimus and Magnus?

I am not denying the disadvantages of metal and rubber tyres. However, that is the premium way of a product. Using metal wrongly as stated is bad.

Probably why you don't see Bandai making Soul of Plastickin as its not something they would consider premium and hence they produce a cheaper range line for those with the exact same mecha.

Mind you, there isn't any point for me to whinge about it as I don't make the decisions of what TT decides, they decide plastic wheels and so it is. I am just pointing out what I felt the mp line lacked but you guys are still happy to pay premium for it.
    Not for me, mines perfect . I can't do any more with mp 10, is plastic, you will break it if you force it more.

To be honest, everything else was a let down when they went with plastic then smaller scale. Is a masterpiece , I expect really good diecast materials involved.

For me mp-10 is way overrated and people are so convinced by the vid reviews.
    They are forgetting how solid mp-1 is. I swear if you reversed the release people will scream more for mp-1 any day .

Of course I still like mps but I have to lower my expectations a lot more to appreciate it.
    So, what would you change on Titanus so that it meets your standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    While I can understand if some people think Titanus is a step down from Megazord and Dragonzord, I, and a lot of owners, still think it looks pretty good. I don't really see anything fundamentally wrong with the finishes on the plastic.

Speaking of plastic, I noticed that you seem to be ok with a relative 'lack' of metal in this instance, yet you've complained on several occasions that Takara's Masterpiece line lacks diecast:

So, what would you change on Titanus so that it meets your standards?
    I approve of this post.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain