Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP-17 Prowl paint issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default MP-17 Prowl paint issue

Hi, I bought my first Masterpiece and I'm a bit bummed it has a slight paint problem. It's quite minor and not really visible in robot mode, but stands out a bit in vehicle mode. The paint seems to have yellowed and is a bit bubbly or spotty, in one spot on the left hand door. I've attached some pictures.

Is this something that can be remedied? I bought it sealed in the box privately off someone so I don't know what options I have in terms of returning etc.

thanks

Last edited by philby; 11th April 2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: added pictures

Sorry it says I can't post attachments in the rules at the bottom, is this a kind of 'ranking' thing?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Sorry it says I can't post attachments in the rules at the bottom, is this a kind of 'ranking' thing?
    Here's some tips on adding images
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17677

Thanks! photos added

Angry

yeah not all are perfect. im still peed off that i received my MP Grimlock with all sorts of defects on him. and the suppliers don't give a shit.

If it's a surface blemish you can probably buff it out with some car polish or even toothpaste.

i bought it privately off someone selling on ebay. ive looked at the tfw2005 comparison thread and i think its legit. im interstate at the moment but will try get some photos for more comparisons when i get home. thanks for the responses so far!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i bought it privately off someone selling on ebay. ive looked at the tfw2005 comparison thread and i think its legit. im interstate at the moment but will try get some photos for more comparisons when i get home. thanks for the responses so far!
    hmm... that's a bit of a worry, if you don't mind showing the ebay seller's link that would be great.

My concern is the latest KO is hard to differentiate from the outer box.
    I am actually waiting on Rocketpunch to do a comparison to identify the differences.

the seller has offered a replacement but no guarantee until I open the box i suppose! I don't think I'll worry about alcohol or windex or anything like that in case it makes it worse, especially since he's offered a replacement.

I've attached some more photos to compare with the knockoffs, i think it might be ok based on a tfw2005 thread but i'm no expert.

for those with more experience with masterpieces, how common are things like paint defects or other QC issues? it looks like it has almost rusted or something. I almost feel a bit silly about it but, well, it's supposed to be a masterpiece and cost almost a hundred bucks, not something cheap in the toy aisle at coles or something... :/

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Prowl was my first mp for those cars and I never had a paint issue, yours looks quite horrid, is like they ran out of paint and the person who is packing this didn't care about qc.