Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-05 Soar (Swoop)

I can't decide on which colour version to get. The red one for toy accuracy, or the blue one for cartoon accuracy. The red will help all the dinobots look good together as a group. But Swoop always looked like the odd one out, cause he was smaller, and with blue he will look more so. But I like the blue as I believe it matches his character.

The red version matches that beautiful g1 box art, and make for a more coherent piece to look at. In the end both versions will look fantastic I'm sure. The red on Caelus (fall of cybertron swoop) works just fine. I think it all depends when they show a finished product. Until then I like both

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Until then I like both
    So buy both

But seriously though, I've gone blue more for show accuracy. Most of the MP line is show accurate. Though I do like the red too. Is a difficult choice I'll admit.

While I'm fairly sure I am going to get Fans Toys' and Giga Power's dinobots, I admit that I struggled with which Soar to get as well.

But given that there hasn't been an announcement of Giga Power doing cartoon-accurate variants, I went with FT's blue version.

But I still have the dilemma of which company's figures to display in which mode.

Cartoon dinos or cartoon bots? First world problems, I know.

Cartoon colours for me!! The cartoon is what I grew up with and loved. So having toys that look pretty damn close to the cartoon is exactly what I want!!

It's funny, I'm loving the cartoon accurate colours and bot modes in MP, but for some reason it's the toy designs that resonate for me with the dinobots. Must've spent too long staring at dinobots in those cross sell brochures as a kid.

I.m a bit surprised they are releasing the toy accurate one, I would think they would make it a limited release.

As these Dinobots are made to fit in with TaKTom's MP's which are all focused on cartoon accuracy it seems obvious the blue one will be a better seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I.m a bit surprised they are releasing the toy accurate one, I would think they would make it a limited release.

As these Dinobots are made to fit in with TaKTom's MP's which are all focused on cartoon accuracy it seems obvious the blue one will be a better seller.
    I think it's an experiment to gauge interest. They can see what percentage of buyers want the toy version and make a decision from there.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I believe the toy colours will be a more limited release. Word from a couple of smaller online sellers is that the blue version is outselling red on the order of 10 to 1. It makes sense to keep costs down by combining the cartoon and toy manufacturing runs, and it's unlikely that they'll be cannibalising their own sales as I expect most people only want one or the other, or both. They'll probably use the preorder numbers to gauge the number of each variant to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    It's funny, I'm loving the cartoon accurate colours and bot modes in MP, but for some reason it's the toy designs that resonate for me with the dinobots. Must've spent too long staring at dinobots in those cross sell brochures as a kid.
    Those catalogs really do elicit some specific emotions and memories for me also. Loved the way the dinobots were posed with alt modes; makes me feel all warm inside

This is seriously very well designed and also cartoon accurate IMO.
    Damn all these 3rd party companies... been trying to cut down on me collection but with them churning out such appealing TF figures, I can't stop
    I'm wondering if this would have some bits of diecast metal in it as that'll truly lock in the purchase for me.