Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Comic review: Robots in Disguise season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Has anyone ready the combiner Hunters One Shot..

cant say I was really interested in it or it blew me away story wise.. infact I think the whole issue bored me...and it would of made no difference if I read it or not....

its pure toy propaganda.
    My exact thoughts. I was looking forward to it as well. Thought it'd either be setting something up or at least funny/gritty/good characterisation.

In the end it was a fluff nothing, no better than a badly written fan fic.

On the other hand, I loved the latest MtMtE, it feels like we are getting back to what Roberts was wanting to do before the Megatron brick landed through the Lost Light's window. Especially when someone pointed out the damaged plate on Swerves shoulder all the way back in Chaos theory!!!

It was a bit heavy on the sitcom feel, but it makes sense with Swerve's near obsessive consumption of Earth "culture".

Alos nice to have some more resonable art, I dont mind cartoony art, but the art should match the story, which it does not on the Windblade mini.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Actually at the end of combiner hunters, it mentions that Victorion will be joining the earth story. Still issue felt worthless however i think/hope it will be mentioned later.

Default Beware - Spoilers

Seeing Megatron as a human (albeit an avatar), kinda gives me the impression of a Clint Eastwood-ish look. All the others were pretty good. Combiner Hunters was a bit of a let down, in the end just a piece to sell new products.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Seeing Megatron as a human (albeit an avatar), kinda gives me the impression of a Clint Eastwood-ish look. All the others were pretty good. Combiner Hunters was a bit of a let down, in the end just a piece to sell new products.
    Was this meant to be posted on the More Than Meets The Eye review thread? Just mentioning as there may be people who are up to date w/ RiD but haven't read the latest MTMTE yet and might inadvertantly stumble upon this spoiler.

I haven't read Combiner Hunters yet. Not saying that you divulged any spoilers, but I really should stop looking at this thread until I've read it.

now this is related to First Aid's backstory on MTMTE, but I find it kind a funny that Ambulon's death had such an impact on First Aid, that he took Ambulon's "spot" as left leg for Defensor

Ambulon wasn't Defensor's leg. He was the right leg for a prototype Decepticon gestalt, but Ambulon later escaped and defected to the Autobots. I thought that the remaining members of that prototype gestalt team were either killed or MIA. It's also not known if Ambulon would've been even compatible to combine with Defensor either, as he was an early prototype; it's not as if a Constructicon can combine with a Protectobot. Actually, I don't think any of the IDW gestalts have been shown as being capable of swapping members between teams, even though the toys can ('cept Devvy).

Then again, Anglophone continuity's never really played up the whole "Scramburu Pawaah!" aspect of the interchangeable gestalts.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ambulon wasn't Defensor's leg. He was the right leg for a prototype Decepticon gestalt, but Ambulon later escaped and defected to the Autobots. I thought that the remaining members of that prototype gestalt team were either killed or MIA. It's also not known if Ambulon would've been even compatible to combine with Defensor either, as he was an early prototype; it's not as if a Constructicon can combine with a Protectobot. Actually, I don't think any of the IDW gestalts have been shown as being capable of swapping members between teams, even though the toys can ('cept Devvy).

Then again, Anglophone continuity's never really played up the whole "Scramburu Pawaah!" aspect of the interchangeable gestalts.
    Pretty Sure is Ambulon was still around at the time the protectobots were exposed to the Enigma of Combination he would of been able to combine as it magically does whatever is needed to do to get the desired result
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Oh I know he wasn't part of Defender (probably could have made my post a little clearer) - I just thought it was possibly a clever reminder that Ambulon's death had affected First Aid in such a manner - I just couldn't remember whether he was a left or a right leg.

Wrong thread. Excuse me while I move it to the MtMtE thread.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 10th September 2015 at 07:07 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot -wrong series!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Latest issue was easily my favourite so far this season. Nightbeat was fantastic, calling back the Furman era and the whole "Roberts thing" of making a supernatural / deity figure just a fan/regular joe was a great touch.

Megatron not being part of his season two seems to be no longer a big thing, the end page was amazing and really hit home to both me as a reader and to the character of Megatron as well.

Art was spectacular, I had no idea that we had a different artist. Certainly a high point for the last year or so!
    Wrong review thread. Good issue though