With the relaunch, and pretty much everything about the book transforming except the creators, I thought a fresh review thread was due.

So, in season two of RID the action shifts back to a familiar planet: Earth. Optimus Prime and a small team of Autobots return and find surprises immediately.

Spoilers follow

The containing Autobot cast from the previous storylines includes Prowl, Jazz, Sideswipe, Kup, Arcee and Sky Lynx. Cosmos has left the Lost Light to join this crew too and gets some on tech spec dialogue about his loneliness that rarely is covered.

There's also Decepticons, including the return of Thundercracker as seen in the previews. I was a little disappointed that there's no former 'Cons with Prime but TC may fill that role.

There's a couple of extended flashbacks in issue 1 that makes it seem like this book should have come out before Windblade #1. The order of the interlocking covers suggest so as well.

The new designs look good, and there was one particularly unexpected redesign, but I'm not sure exactly how the Autobots "scanned new alt forms" on the way...

The Thundercracker preview pages give a good sneak peak at the book's tone. This issue is much less serious than the first season.

At the same time this book feels like a continuation of the Costa ongoing. Returning to Earth this can't be helped but the new status quo feels like it will be familiar.