Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

I've been reading that it has less paint apps than the MP-03 version and that it's a lighter grey colour. Can anyone confirm whether either of these rumours is the case? I missed out on the original TRU release of this guy so have nothing to compare the stock pictures to. Thanks.

it looks to my untrained eye that this version is missing paint aps and is a lighter color

The new Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock definitely appears to be lighter than both the original and the recent TakTom re-issue though I suspect this may be the result of poor lighting conditions or overzealous post image editing as the image to my eye appears to have an overall green tinge. That being said the chest does not seem to have the gold chrome that the original or recent re-issue has instead it appears to be have been painted in a matte gold. I guess ultimately only time will tell.

Yeah, it does look like lighter colours -- but as Bumbleb33 said, it could very well be something to do with the lighting/photography. Although arguably lighter colours would be more like the cartoon and also help to make this release more distinct from the four others that have come before it. It does appear to lack the red and white-outlined stripes from the original Hasbro release (although the TakaraTOMY release never had it). My guess is that it would be the Hasbro mould with the shorter and blunter claws (which I suspect is part of their compliance with toy safety standards -- remember that Japanese MPs are explicitly marketed at Ages 15+ and thus exempt from child safety laws).

^ & IIRC, his teeth were altered for the Hasbro release too

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So are people going to be hot for this or meh.....?
    I have the Asian released version and have not opened mine yet. Was thinking of selling that but seeing this version, I might keep that one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    So are people going to be hot for this or meh.....?
    I have the Asian released version and have not opened mine yet. Was thinking of selling that but seeing this version, I might keep that one instead.
    considering the new movie features Grimlock and has somewhat made him "cool" by being the steed for Optimus, i'd consider this to be hot. Also dont' forget when this guy first came out in TRU...I didn't even get on locally here! got it from RK.

any tangible evidence on pricing yet?

Yea, really would like to know how much money to set aside for this. Acid storm was $74.99 over in the U.S and $99.99 here. Someone on Tfw has found Grimlock in the systems for $59.99 so I wouldn't expect it to be over $100 here, seeing the price of MP Prowl.

wasn't grimlock 140-150 when he first came out here?