Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: D'oh! Seized by Customs!

Default D'oh! Seized by Customs!

So! When F2F was having their awesome sale some months back, jumped at the chance of obtaining some of the encores and managed to score Megatron.

Fast forward to after the package is sent, and the package is sitting in customs (according to EMS tracking) for weeks and weeks.

I try and put through a claim and first they can't find the package, and now, finally, after about a month, I've received a letter from Customs saying that the package was seized. Great! At least I know where the heck it is now! Jeebus! >_>

Now I'm trying to follow up with the VIC licensing Services Branch to hopefully get my toys. It's been so bloody long and if I succeed, it'd be a nice birthday present (upcoming - on the 17th).

Argh. what a month >_>

Now it's off to try calling the bloke Fingers crossed!

---Update---

Ooookay. They guy I spoke to sounded quite aggravated. Was surprised at that. When I told him I'd seen it around town he was really aggro, saying that I don't care that they're there or how or when. wow! He said that there's 0% chance of getting the toy, but the other toys that I received with, as long as they cannot resemble a firearm, will be released.

So, I'm not too fussed about Encore Megatron now. I just want to get the other things I ordered...

I've called the customs number twice now and they BOTH go to answering machines. What the!?

The saga continues :\
    Last edited by lcz128; 8th August 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I feel for you Mate...

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    He said that there's 0% chance of getting the toy
    They can just go & get f#%@$d...

I thought the problem was with MP not Encore megs?

Negative. I told him it wasn't MP-05 (He was the one who actually said MP-05! Lol) and I told him no, it's an older Megatron toy. He then said that as long as it can be assembled to resemble a firearm, I will not be able to get it.

WHY then do retail stores have it!?

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Because those retail stores are breaking the law. You can report them if you really want. Either way, in the eyes of the law it doesn't excuse your actions.

So VIC fans still haven't found a way to legally import/possess gunformers yet? Wasn't there a thread about this issue for Victorians??

When I got reissue Megatron back in 2001, although customs hadn't cracked down on gun TFs as they did from last year, I had it sent to me in robot mode in hope that it wouldn't arouse suspicion from customs. It got through fine, but I don't really know if that would've helped or not. That's what I'd do if I were in your situation. You could also have the toy shipped without the box/paperwork if you don't want it, or have the box/paperwork shipped separately.

There's got to be a legal avenue for VIC fans surely?
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 8th August 2008 at 12:24 PM.

I wonder how that small store in Sydney managed to get that MP Megs?

We already discussed that at the meet Pulse.

Oh Yeah (Der )

Wow! Service!
    Emma from Customs just called and I informed her about what had happened when I called Vic Police and that I couldn't keep Encore Megs. I then expressed my concern over the other toys that were sent together, and she said she must've missed them, and that she'd have it back into the mail system next week and it'll arrived to me like a normal postage parcel.

Cool! Phew. Bloody oath- after a month of waiting, I'm glad I'm still getting most of what I ordered. Thank goodness the Encore Megs was cheap. Huge loss, but what can you do? Oh well

Phew.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128
    Huge loss, but what can you do?
    Well... as a Victorian I'm not entirely sure what you can do other than take a gamble as you did. :/ Reminds me of how grateful we NSW-fans should be for having a legal way of importing and owning Megatrons (and grateful to Tiby for establishing it). Getting the permit is a massive pain in the rear, but hearing a story like this makes me think that the effort was worth it. (-_-) I just hope that Victorian fans can find a way to legally own/import gun TFs.