Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Not just that, there was no explanation given for his Decepticon logo.

BS "Why would I try & kill Pax?"
    RT "you're a Decepticon!"
    BS "Oh, you know about that?"

That's it. So he's a Decepticon who's only intention is to kill Megatron?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I am sure we will get more on Brainstorm being a Con soon (maybe next issue with the DJD? I'm thinking double, double agent.

I still think, considering that the Con symbol was found on the inside of his mouthplate that its going to have something to do with him turning out to be a Headmaster, like Brainstorm is an Autobot but Arcana is a Decepticon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    and the final scene in Swerve's just... no, no thanks.
    Are you freakin kidding?!?! "Thats the power of love!"

We've gone from every single comic is the tired 'Con vs Bot' scenario to a bunch of half-pissed Transformers singing the theme tune to the 'Back to the Future' movies. That is pure f'ing gold my friend!

agreed, I'm loving the bar scenes - the one mid Dark Cybertron where both 'bots and 'cons in Swerve's singing along was great

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    agreed, I'm loving the bar scenes - the one mid Dark Cybertron where both 'bots and 'cons in Swerve's singing along was great
    ^Agreed. One thing that I love with MTMTE is how it punctuates intense drama and action with humour. Something which Michael Bay tries to do in the live action TF films, but only failing on an epic level.

Seeing Transformers in Swerve's bar watching Back to the Future II after a big time travel adventure = friggin' hilarious!
    Spending an entire scene in Age of Extinction explaining why Tess and Shane can legally be together = downright creepy.

And it's just two brief panel. This is how I feel every time I watch that scene from AoE <shudder> (T_T)

What a finale to Elegant Chaos! This was a triumphant three-parter!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

After having just finished Elegant Chaos I've gotta say that I loved it. but man. my head is spinning. ... time travel man....

a few more thoughts.
    as expected, everything the bots did in the past was always meant to happen. some of these things (Rodimus' birth, Messatine, the bar brawl) I'm ok with, others I feel are a bit much (Creating the lost light, creating the spark eater)
    I feel that the reasoning and payoff of Brainstorm's motivation and his true allegiance felt kinda weak. there needed to be more to build up to that and more said about it after. so hopefully this isn't the end of that plot line even if elegant chaos is over.

the bar scene at the end was a great way to more or less return things back to normal after all is said and done, and the fact that they are watching back to the future and singing along was just icing on the cake.

my biggest annoyance with this issue for some reason is the origin of the ominous message. for some reason it saddens me to know the full message, where it came from and what each event was actually referring to. "Don't Open the coffin, don't let them take skids, etc" even though they had all been resolved, I had hoped there would be more to some of them like Delphi and Skids. somehow those events just don't seem to have enough significance as they are.
    this also makes me wonder if this is how Roberts always planned for the message to originate and turn out. if I remember correctly, Megatron joining the crew was never meant to happen. which makes me wonder if elegant chaos was ever going to originally happen either. was this always how Roberts saw things playing out?

somehow this really felt like it had the potential to be the FINAL chapter of MTMTE. (although if it was it would have been depressing since they would never reach the knights of cybertron) the whole setup, the origin of the message, the fact they created the engines and ship they would someday use, Domey and Rewind being "back together" it all felt like it was wrapping things up.

but clearly that is not the case and thankfully MTMTE is going to continue (Hopefully for a long LONG time because this is an AWESOME series) I'm looking forward to where things go from here.
    "All hail the useless one"

that scene with Rung has me wondering what he actually turns into... if the functionists were so scared of it, must be pretty out there, and completely at odds with his personality...

Rung's alt mode has been revealed way back in issue #22. It's classified as "ornamental," and it drives functionists nuts because it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever. It is literally an alt mode without a function.

I hope this doesn't dissuade Hasbro from producing a Rung toy though. The toy could still transform into something marketable like a motorcycle or a bike, but just have an accurate-ish looking robot mode. It still bothers me that this recurring character still has no toy!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Rung's alt mode has been revealed way back in issue #22. It's classified as "ornamental," and it drives functionists nuts because it doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever. It is literally an alt mode without a function.

I hope this doesn't dissuade Hasbro from producing a Rung toy though. The toy could still transform into something marketable like a motorcycle or a bike, but just have an accurate-ish looking robot mode. It still bothers me that this recurring character still has no toy!
    we can only hope that after combiner wars (and a beast wars anniversary series) come Generations: More than meets the eye
    so we can get figures of (among other things) Rodimus, Chromedome, Riptide, Nautica, Rung, Tarn, Kaon, Vox, Helex, Tesarus, etc etc etc

Just because he was classified as ornamental doesn't mean that's what he is. Just means the functionists didn't know what he truly was. I'm still set that he is a key.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I get that's the category they made up in the "normal" timeline, but that alternate future scene makes me think there's more to it than that, seems quite threatening and worthy of removing the transformation cog...