Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Ravage (and most of the others) can talk in basically all G1 media from the 80s except the cartoon. Even on the toy boxes they had quotes. The cartoon was clearly biased again any robot that didn't look human.
    I think Ravage has one line in the first few episodes of the G1 Cartoon. He radioed Megs and SWave while he was captured by the Autobots.

My take on it is he doesn't speak in the cartoon-verse, since that one line comes only when he's in tape mode inside Soundwave and playing back information. I assume it's some sort of text/date-to-voice type translation going on.

Your mileage may vary.

Last night I dreamt that if I unscrewed the back of the new Brainstorm toy's head, I could see an upside-down Decepticon symbol behind his faceplate. Not sure if an upside-down Decepticon symbol means the same as a right-side up one, or if it's akin to a Combatron symbol, and thus it means 'good'. My subconscious is odd.

If you unscrew the back of your G1 Brainstorm's head, you'd see this

DAYUM!!!

Other than having an awesome cover that even my wife loved, this comic reads far too fast and leaves so many questions.

And finally leave you saying "damn you Roberts!".

Art was good too, very Roche styled.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Don't agree on the art, thought it was a bit weak and the bots looked a bit off (too flat / human?). But agree on the dayum!

Excellent issue, what seemed like it might just be a fun side story instead offered further insight into one of the lead characters, held a lot of set up, and some shocking surprises.

I also think the art was the weakest link, it wasn't bad but the layouts all seemed a bit simplistic. I know Mainframe is an Action Master, but Bluestreak also looks like he's had a bit too much nucleon.

GGRAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Right in the feels!
    And they even managed to have Transformers transforming (First Aid rushing off in ambulance mode, Kaon being a robot in disguise) amid all this emotional drama!

And I get the feeling that the DJD wouldn't stand down even if Megatron directly ordered them to face to face. Where are their tooooys?!?

#35: Wow. "1984" indeed. Also, Deal or No Deal. And I loved Megatron's breakdown over the ridiculous stuff that happens on the Lost Light.

Just read this in a comment on a less-amazing site "The comics intended for toy pack-ins are produced way, way ahead of schedule, so that they can be ready for the toys. For instance, MTMTE #22, Skids' pack-in issue, was written before MTMTE #16, half a year early."

I'm rereading More Than Meets The Eye from the beginning now, so I might see if it's noticeable, but that's crazy/weird/impressive if Roberts and Barber are not just throwing toys into their stories, but also throwing out their writing schedule in order to do it.