"Aaaaaaaaand we're back"
A great start to the new season, really loving MTMTE being back.
This was a fun issue with some good comedic moments (Crewditions, death by face-palm, etc) some nice action and crew interactions.
Feeling really sorry for poor Domey, his depression is so heartbreaking, and having rewind's "I love you" replaced with a horrible scream is really disturbing.... (also it felt strange having him be completely silent when Op took him to Megs' cell)
The fight between Megs and Whirl was awesome and epic, and I really can't wait to find out who Whirl is working with.
So many good moments, and so many new mysteries and this is only the start of season 2, so glad I started reading this series.
Also I totally freaked out at the last page. (you know, when they found the you know what)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
A very enjoyable issue, although Nautica's banter about her name bugs me. It seems that IDW's insistence on embedding the Transformers with Anglo-Terra-centricism is continuing... despite the fact that Nautica has _never_ been to Earth and wouldn't have had contact with Earth languages (let alone Modern English). And please don't tell me that this is all meant to be in "Cybertronian" and that it someone "translates" to Modern English, because I find that incredibly unlikely. It wouldn't even translate over to most other Earth languages, let alone to an alien language. *deep.sigh*
I would just say don't think about it too much Goki, but how about this as an explanation.
During her interview Nautica mentions she changed her name from Nautical, because she likes the sound better without the 'L'. Chromia also mentions that Nautica reads, A LOT. Perhaps some of her reading material used the word nautical, so she picked up the word and took it on as a name.
We have after all seen other characters "randomly decide to change their names." (Have their names changed due to trademark issues)
Such as Goldfire, Trailcutter, Slug and Tall Tankor
So just take it as she learned the word from one of the books she read, and took it on as a name because she liked it and felt it fit her.