3 9.68%
  • wait for takara version.

3 9.68%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Layby'd the Platinum Ed. version today
    3 down, 1 to go
    Am I assuming Hasbro, Takara AD-02, Hasbro Platinum, and...?

I've managed to get the above, and have ordered the TRU JP Takara "rusty" version, so I'm still looking to get the TRU US Evolutions 2-pack version too.

Ad-02 still uses that horrible dark grey plastic though. And still no faceplate. I like the AD-02 silver wheels though but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Ad-02 still uses that horrible dark grey plastic though. And still no faceplate. I like the AD-02 silver wheels though but that's all.
    Hah! Fair enough. I've got a shelf with three alt modes in a row, eventually crawling to five in a row. There's no Bayformers visible. :P

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Am I assuming Hasbro, Takara AD-02, Hasbro Platinum, and...?

I've managed to get the above, and have ordered the TRU JP Takara "rusty" version, so I'm still looking to get the TRU US Evolutions 2-pack version too.
    Thats right
    I'll P/O Rustimus once i get paid. Hopefully RK'll have some left for me

Finally took mine out of the box and had a go at him tonight. Like Leader-Class Grimlock the instructions are arse-backwards. Unlike leader Grimlock I was able to figure him out without resorting to youtube and quite enjoyed the little challenge. Not a bad transformation process overall

Can't says I think a lot of his robot mode, but loving his alt-mode - good stuff! Very G1-esque and imagine all the placated fanboys if they had brought this figure out when the first live action movie appeared

I reckon he is definitely worth getting. Whilst I usually display most of my TF's in robot mode, the Dinobots and Prime (which together make up 2/3rd's of my AoE toys thus far) are definitely living in their alt-modes

Despite the lack of paint and the fact he can't hold his shotgun by the handle I like him and he's the only AoE tf figure that I've bought. The rest have been the dinobot riders and I'm now eyeing off the constructbot Slash...

Gave Evasion Prime, cybertron armorhide's rifle last night looks good with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Never fear, Penetrator!
    The AD02 by TakaraTomy is a much better alternative

http://tformers.com/transformers-4-l...3392/news.html

I apologise to your wallet in advance

dammit sinnertwin!! poor enough as it is!

I have already purchased YOTH Prime. First TF since back on the forum and out of buying for a few years. and MP Magnus on pre-order

This is all your fault Sinnertwin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
    dammit sinnertwin!! poor enough as it is!

I have already purchased YOTH Prime. First TF since back on the forum and out of buying for a few years. and MP Magnus on pre-order

This is all your fault Sinnertwin!!!
    Awww, i'm feeling the love right now

Quote Originally Posted by jaina85 View Post
    two things were super bugging me about this (aside from the paint XD ) - the bit with the fake smoke stacks in robot mode that makes the bottom of the grill in truck mode is always sitting at an angle and not flat, and the windows didn't quite line up, so i did a little mod!

cutting that little stopper type piece back a little bit where i drew the black square fixes it, so now it folds up super flat and YAY, BONUS, the other grill piece can go in a little further now and the windows line up perfectly with no other mods!

its so square and aligned and perfect now
    I don't think anyone commented on this, so i'm quoting it cause i made the alteration and now i'm really pleased with Prime's windows aligning properly!

I got the Takara version and i have to say i'm really impressed. The paint work has no faults, the plastic feels better than i expected, and his joints are tight all over.

It's really only got a few more paint apps over the Hasbro version, but it makes a world of difference. I think the transformation is excellent and love the concept of turning the G1 vehicle into the new movie Prime. Now, when i have both G1 Prime & Evasion Prime in alt mode on the shelf, it's almost like "which one's which?" He's truly a master of disguise!

My only complaint is his gun looks a bit naff in his hand - strangely a bit like how G1 Prime's also sits higher than his fist, so maybe it's intentional! I think my favourite aspect of this toy is how slender he looks with no obtrusive kibble and a great front and side profile.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Despite the lack of paint and the fact he can't hold his shotgun by the handle I like him and he's the only AoE tf figure that I've bought. The rest have been the dinobot riders and I'm now eyeing off the constructbot Slash...

Gave Evasion Prime, cybertron armorhide's rifle last night looks good with him.
    Couldn't agree more-I think I'll pick him up (only just gotten back into TF toys), as all my other ones from AoE are the construct bots... I've got all the wave one ones except Drift (who I'll grab on Saturday)... this might convert me (Wallet cries).