Thread: 30 years ago today-ish - Happy 30th Birthday to Transformers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What to say.. what to say.. Happy Birthday Transformers, you are a hardy bunch of tin cans. Many properties have come and gone but you are a rare breed made of sterner stuff. We are indeed lucky to have 30 years of toys and stories about Trucks, Rats, Planets and Maniacs to occupy our shelves and thoughts. From The Matrix to the Allspark, we thank you.

So to all the 'bots and the 'chops, we combine our thoughts and say may your transformation cogs last another 30 years of re-invention.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

One of my first memories is watching Transformers as a 2 year old

30 years later and 1699 figures, I couldn't imagine my life in any different way.

I am looking forward to the next 30 years

I had just turned 5 six days before this milestone. It would be possibly nearly a year before TFs entered my life, buying Powerglide and Gears at Target Waverley Gardens. Not sure when I first saw the cartoon on The Early Bird Show and it was the end of 1986 before I saw the comic. That five year old had no idea what was coming or how TFs would be a lifelong passion.

nice little bit of info, thx for sharing. I know it was 30th Anniversary but didn't know the exact date